Camera in 8320 won't start. Says close other applications.
Went through rebooting software, which balckberry says usually fixes the problem, but it didn't. Would like to fix it myself because bringing it in for service will probably cost more than replacing it.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: camera in 8320 won't start. Says close other...
Try this method
2. You need to install a BlackBerry OS file that is
specific to your device. The original version, as supplied by the
carrier, is the safe choice, but you can use any model specific
version. This is not supplied on your BlackBerry CD, Ref: 3 links to BlackBerry's download pages.
3. Once the OS has been installed, you have to prepare it for the device.
Select Start / Computer and select the Drive C: Icon.
Open Program Files / Common Files / Research in Motion / AppLoader.
Navigate to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.XML file.
4. You are now ready to restore your device. Verify that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running. Plug the device directly into the computer's USB port.
We are about to venture into the bowls of the beast. Windows is not
suitable for this job, we are going to invoke the Command line
interface with an option switch.
Windows XP: Start / Run... / Command
Windows Vista: Start / Command (type this into 'start search')
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
rupesh ingie Hello the first thing you can do is pull the battery and let the phone reboot. If that doesn't work go to balckberry dot com and downlaod desktop manager. This will help you reload all you allpications back into the phone as well as backup yout information.You can also go in the optinons . The wrench looking icon on your phone and go to advance options and then settings and deletel any applications your not using. this is a sign that your phone memeory is being used up. You may need a memory cardfor your curve. You can then run applications and pictures of the memory card instead of the phone. You can delete some apps like chinses and *** fonts. if your not using the blackberry maps. if your not using brickbreaker. and a host of other apps. You don't want to erase the core ones.
I had this problem and I've tried everything posted and nothing worked so I just started messing around with my phone and may have figured it out. Here's what I did.
NOTE: I AM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS AND YOU ARE SOLEY DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN AT YOUR OWN RESPOSIBLITY. Good Luck
1. Click the Menu Button
2. Scroll to Options Icon (the wrench) and click it
3. Click Advanced Options
4. Click Applications and wait for the Apps to load.
5. Scroll down and delete the apps that you dont need (see what I deleted)
6. I first deleted ICQ Messanger by scrolling over it and selecting the menu button then clicked delete, then clicked Yes and let it reboot
7. After it rebooted I clicked the Camera button on the side and it worked after I rebooted
8. Then I went back in and deleted Yahoo Messanger and let it reboot again. (This is up to you)
9. Last I deleted Windows Live Messenger and let reboot once again. (This is up to you)
I deleted these because I didnt use them anways. These were the only 3 apps that I deleted since I never used them. If you want, you could even delete Brick Breaker if you dont play it but I wouldnt delete any other Apps other than these.
I have the same problem (Application is still running close it and start the camera) from last Week onwards, i went to the sony ericson service station, they told some Part(board) to be replaced and It will take 15days hardly,I dint accepted his comments, Then i worked full fledged on this and i got the solutions,
*Remove the memory stick and push the air (from mouth)into the Inner camera.After that it will work Fine.
Reason: If Dust in your camera lens, the error will appear, so it is a matter of sensor.
* Observe the problem little closer, and fix it, b'coz you know your mobile very well than the 3rd Person.
Throughout all the mails regarding that error messages using Googles Search
Don't go Mobile service stations without knowing a nature error, because they ready to cheating us. Becareful.......... Freinds
Call me on my hand phone:
My Number: 9940097172
I don't know what exactly fixed the problem but I managed to fix it. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A215 by the way.
Here's what I did
Control Panel >> System Maintenance >> Device Manager
Go to Imaging Devices and right-click "Chicony USB 2.0 Camera" and choose "Update Driver Software"
First I clicked on "Search automatically for updated driver software"
but everything was already up to date. So then I went to "Browse my
Computer for Driver Software" and then to "Let Me Pick from a List". I
updated the USB Video Device and rebooted but that only made it worse I
think. Then I tried updating one of the "Chicony USB 2.0 Camera"'s and
that did the trick. Yey. So now my webcam works.