Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
A Copystar or Kyocera service technician must reset the fuser memory.
Posted on Jun 30, 2009
When I got this error I just went into the maintenance mode and executed it
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
C6400 on a KM-1820 Zero-crossing signal problem
• The engine PWB does not detect the
zero-crossing signal for the time
At power-on: 3 s
Others: 5 s
See attached image from service manual.
Link to wikiredia RE: zero crossing signal:
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2016 | Kyocera Mita KM-2550 All-In-One Laser...
SIM 163 Reset (only do this one SIM, by doing others you could cause your machine to no longer function. Also see note at bottom.
Entering Simulation Mode
1. Press the system menu/counter key.
2. Select Service setting using the up/down cursor keys.
3. While pressing the start key and the # key, press the enter key. (Maintenance mode is entered.)
4. Select Maintenance mode using the up/down cursor keys.
5. Press the enter key.Enter the maintenance item (163 Resetting fuser problem) number using the up/down keys.
6. Go to step 1 under method below.
Resetting the fusing problem data Description
Resets the detection of a service call code indicating a problem in the fusing section.
When a service call concerning the fusing section occurs, turn the power switch off and open the front cover.
Then, turn the power switch on and press the system menu/counter key to enter the maintenance mode.
1. Press the enter key. A selection item appears.
2. Select Execute using the up/down cursor keys.
3. Press the enter key. The fusing problem data is initialized. (Four service calls, namely C6000, C6020,C6050, and C6400 are reset.)
Press the back key. The indication for selecting a maintenance item No. appears.
Note: Sometimes in order to do the reset when the machine is in an error state you need to open the top cover (like to replace the toner) and leave it open until you have performed the reset.
Mar 31, 2011 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
Feb 25, 2011 | Kyocera TASKalfa 180 Copier
Jul 31, 2010 | Copystar CS-1820 Copier
Jan 05, 2009 | Kyocera KM-1505 Copier
May 17, 2008 | Kyocera Copystar CS-1820 Black and White...
1,035 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: