- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Diana.., I located the usb driver you need to make the connection with the computer . on this location you will find the driver for windows Xp ...cause I do not located for vista .. if you use other operating system let me know and I will see what I can do ...( I do located for Mac too all but vista ) http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzz2gljmgiz/fuji finepix driver xp.exe have a great day ..and Enjoy!
I only use WINDOWS so this solution is not applicable for MAC or LINUX
1) Connect cable to camera ( camera is turned off). There is a picture on page 131 of the manual
2) Connect other end of cable to PC ( PC should already be on)
3) Turn camera on by pressing PLAY button on the back and holding until camera starts. This method of turning on and off means the lens will not operate and so is ideal for when connecting to computer. Your camera LCD should like up and it should display "USB" on a white background.
4) If you have not installed the drivers (from the installation CD-ROM) then windows will try to install the software and depending on the WINDOWS version then you may be prompted to insert the CD-ROM.
5) Once drivers are installed you should get a confirmation that hardware is ready for use. If you have already installed the drivers and Finepix viewer then finepix viewer should open automatically. Finepix crashes on my PC (Windows VISTA is rubbish!) so I just use windows explorer.
6) The camera appears as an external drive in windows exploere. Look for FinePix S8000fd. Expand the folder contents until you get to a folder called 100_FUJI. The pictures from the camera are in here.
7) Use copy and paste to copy from Camera to a folder of your choice. I have a folder called "Photos" and other folders inside it arranged by date.
8) When you have finished you must turn the camera off before disconnecting. Press and hold the PLAY button until LCD swithces off and disconnect cable from PC then camera
If the removable disk does not appear when you open "My Computer" in Windows, it is possible that the USB drivers are not installed correctly.
Update to the latest version of FinePix Viewer (including the USB drivers). To update FinePix Viewer, you must have the software from the CD-ROM bundled with the product (Utilities for FinePix) already installed.
As an alternative method to updating the software, you can also reinstall the USB drivers. The USB drivers can be reinstalled by installing the software from the CD-ROM again.
If the removable disk is still not displayed after the above measures have been taken, check the following:
Windows system checks
1. You should be using Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
2. The Windows XP USB drivers are supported as standard system drivers but are only compatible with Software for FinePix versions 2.0 or later. If you are using an earlier version of the CD-ROM, an update to FinePix Viewer is required.
3. The software cannot be installed properly from "Scanners and Cameras" in the Control Panel.
Digital camera checks
1. Check that the digital camera can play back images on its LCD monitor.
2. On digital cameras with the PC Camera function, select "DSC" as the USB setting. (Refer to the Owner's Manual for your camera for information on specifying the camera settings.)