Nivi 200 no adress navigation possible with latin maps brazil nt4
I cannot enter the adress and crossing streets as country name entry stalls (message like : cannot find country )
maps for south amerika. F I softw verion 5.0 (upgraded yesterday)
the strange thing is that when there is no reception of GPS signals and by placing the location somewhere I get the right country data entry fields and can continue further with street and number fields
this is a clear bug. The instrument is brand new, bought in Paraguay.
Another bug is that you cant change the conversion rate for other currency than dollar- euro.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TomTom's GPS devices provide consumers with portable navigation solutions. Download maps, view turn by turn updates and listen to spoken directions on trips across town or across the country. TomTom has a variety of GPS products, but basic use and inputting destination information are almost identical across the board. If you're just taking your TomTom out of the box, you'll need to perform a few extra steps to complete set up. I am listing the 7 steps to use TomTom below;
1. Ensure your TomTom unit is fully charged. A full charge requires approximately two hours. Power the unit by pressing and holding the "On/Off" button for approximately two seconds. Make sure you are in an unobstructed area. Wait for the Tom Tom to power up and acquire a satellite signal.
2. Answer the on-screen questions to set up your device. The questions only appear if this is the first time you've used your Tom Tom. Otherwise, the driving view and your current location will be displayed.
3. Tap the center of the screen to open the main menu. Tap "Navigate To" and then tap "Address."
4. Choose the option that describes how you wish to enter the address you are navigating to. You may tap "City Center," "Street and House Number," "Zip Code" or "Cross Street or Intersection." To enter an exact address, choose the "Street and House Number" option.
5. Type in the requested information by tapping the letters or numbers on the screen. As you type, matching town and street names will appear in a list format. Choose the correct option from the list when it is displayed by tapping it. If prompted, enter the house number by tapping the corresponding numbers on the screen. When you are finished, tap "Done".
6. Select "Yes" or "No" when asked if you need to arrive at a particular time. If "Yes" is chosen, follow the instructions to enter in the desired arrival time.
Finally, follow the on screen and spoken directions to reach your destination.
If you are referring to Latitude and Longitude , yes. You can use those co-ordinates to navigate to a destination. This especially works fine in countries where the Avenue and street information is not available. Google maps can give you the latitude and longitude coordinates. You can fed those into the GPS and navigate. Please note, you will need the maps of the region involved.
Click (Tap) on the main screen.
Tap on: navigate to
Tap on : arrow
Tap on: Latitude longitude
Enter latitude and longitude using keyboard, Latitude first and longitude next. Be careful while you do this and do not forget to enter the directions North, West etc.
If your exact address cannot be found, it is possible that your installed Map is not up to date. Short from updating the map (with no guarantee that 'new' street will be included), you can navigate to streets intersections instead or nearby street or some other POI landmark. Hope it helps.
The unit will work in Brazil, but you do have to purchase the maps for Brazil from Garmin. Go to www.garmin.com and click on the Nuvi 350. Then click on Maps and it should show you the SD Card maps for Brazil and the purchase price.
- Navigate to - Address - Street and house number - In the "City" space at the top, type the postcode. (tap 123 button bottom left of keyboard to get the number pad) - You will see a list beneath of the countries that use the postcode. - Tap the country you want. - You then see a list of streets in that postcode area. - Tap the street name (or start typing it in) - Type in the house number.
There are several cities with the same name in different states and therefore the street names would be different. However if you are first entering the state and then the city and the street name dosent show , then you will need to update the map on the GPS. For this you will need to contact customer service.