Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router (WPN824NAR)
A. Determining the IP Address and MAC Address of a Computer:
Note: Please use the computer for which the Ports are to be opened:
For Windows 2000/XP users:
1. Please click on Start and select Run.
2. Type in cmd and click on OK.
3. In the Command Prompt, please type ipconfig/all then press Enter or Return key.
4. Please make sure that the Ethernet adapter has an IP Address that is the same range as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.2 for the computer and 192.168.1.1 for the router).
5. Please note down the IP address and Physical address.
B. Reserving an IP Address:
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. When the setup page opens, click on LAN IP Setup under Advanced tab.
5. Click on Add under Address Reservation.
6. Under Address Reservation window, please select the radio button of the computer you wish to add from the Address Reservation Table.
7. If the computer you want is not on the list, please click on the Refresh button to update the table.
8. If the computer is still not on the Address Reservation Table, please type in the IP Address, MAC Address (Physical Address), and Device Name of the computer you wish to add.
9. Click the Add button when done.
C. Opening Pre-Defined Ports for Internet Services:
1. Click on the option with the name Port Forwarding/Port Triggering under the Advanced menu.
2. Please select the service type Port Forwarding. The router pre-defined services are listed there.
3. From the Service Name pull down list, select the service that needs to be hosted.
4. Enter the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box.
5. Click the Add or Apply button.
6. Repeat all steps to open more ports.
Note: If the name of the Internet service does not appear in the drop down list, you may manually open the ports for that Internet service. Please follow the steps below:
D. Opening Ports for Games, Applications or Custom Ports:
1. Click on Add Custom Service button.
2. Type the service name in the Service Name box and the lower range numbers in the Starting Port box.
3. If the application uses only a single port; type in the same port number in the Ending Port box.
4. If the application uses a range of ports; type in the higher range numbers in the Ending Port box.
5. Type the IP address of the computer in the Server IP Address box. Click Apply button.
6. It will then refresh to the Port Forwarding page, and will show the list of all ports opened in tabulation.
7. Repeat all steps to add more ports for more services.
E. To Edit or Delete a Service Entry:
1. Click on the Radio Button that needs to be Edited /Deleted, under the Port Forwarding page.
2. Modify the information from the Service Name, Starting Port, Ending Port, and the Server IP Address, and then click the Apply button.
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
Follow the steps below to forward ports on the router:
1. Open a browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) on your computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router (usually http://192.168.1.1).
3. Login to the router (User Name = admin and Password = password unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Port Forwarding under Advanced.
5. Click on 'Add Custom Service' button.
6. Specify any name for the service (PSN1).
7. Specify the Start and the End Port as 80.
8. In the server IP Address specify the ip address of the PS3.
9. Click on 'Add' button.
10. Follow the same steps to open the below ports
Start = 443 End = 443 use name as PSN2
Start = 5223 End = 5223 use name as PSN3
Start = 3478 End = 3479 use name as PSN4.
Start = 3658 End = 3658 use name as PSN5.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2012 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jun 06, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Dec 29, 2009 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Apr 02, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Mar 16, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Feb 28, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Feb 18, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
807 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: