Question about HP KP497U9 Notebook
I have a hp 530.The OS (XP) was infected by a virus and booted until the start menu window.I tried repairing with a win xp cd but after completing installation it tries to boot but goes back to the screen where it asks if you want to enter windows normally or in safe mode.if you try to enter in safe mode it still takes you back to that window.please help.
If repairing the XP installation is not solving your problem, you can try a clean install by formating your drive and re-installing XP.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
Best option is to attempt to use HP's full system recovery.
This can be reached in the following way on MOST hp computers.
1. Start with computer turned completely off. (note: laptops tend to hibernate when told to power off, make sure the unit is off)
2. Plug in the AC adapter
3. Power the unit on, and at the first HP screen that appears tap the F11 key on the keyboard.
4. the recovery screen will appear. the first screen should welcome you to recovery and ask you to press next.
5. The next screen that appears should have advanced options at the bottom. Click advanced options
6. Choose destructive recovery. The process will complete and reboot in to windows setup.
W A R N I N G!!! THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL USER DATA ON THE UNIT. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH DATA RECOVERY PLEASE POST ASKING FOR IT BEFORE COMPLETING THIS PROCESS!!!!/W A R N I N G!!!
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 16, 2017 | HP 530 Notebook
Apr 23, 2017 | HP NX9010: Pentium 4-2.4 GHZ, 512MB...
Jul 25, 2010 | Lenovo ThinkCentre M57 Desktop - Intel...
Jun 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Jan 19, 2009 | HP 530 Notebook
Sep 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 13, 2007 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: