Question about Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I lost the software for
Sony DSC-T70 can be connected with Windows XP and Vista via USB port and Windows already has necessary inbuilt drivers for it.
You can buy its Software CD from (click) Sony Accessories Store with following number..
Price is $30
Posted on May 08, 2009
go into setup menu and turn on the smile detection. go to photo and press the right arrow should have a pict of flash icon . press until the flash says auto.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
if you alsow get vibrationOn Sony T100 and similar,
its the vibration canceling unit, i had the same problem.
if you have good hads you can fix it.( on your oun risk)
1) disasamble the camera, you will see black plastic box inside, this is he lens unit.
2) on the botom you see 2 scrwes, they are holding the CCD remove them and the ccd unit will come from the lens assembly
3) the next is the stabilizer unit it is the problematic one. it is located on the left side of the lens asebly and is held by 2 screws.
you can test it by puling out the cable connected to it (the conector is just under the lens) and verifign that the problem is solved. ( you can leave it this way it will shoot fine just without the anti shake)
4) to fix it take it out ,remove the plastic cover, you see the lens on a plastic mount it should be glued to the magnet under it. the problem is that the glue fals apart.
remove one of the pins on wich it slides, and take the lens and the magnet out.
5) reglue the magnet and reasemble the camera.
6) power up and test, for me that solved the problem
if you need more help you can mail me at adisarit(et)yahoo(dot)com this is spam mail so be prepared to wait a few days for reply.
this was tested and worked on 2 additional cammeras
Posted on May 26, 2010
SOURCE: why does my Sony cyber-shot
There is some steady-shot mechanism in camera lens that start vibrating due to some reason, this mechanism will be replaced to fix your camera issue.
It is not user level fix so take it in local camera repair shop.
Posted on Sep 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2013 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Feb 06, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Jan 30, 2011 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Dec 10, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Nov 21, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
Sep 04, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T10 Digital Camera
Jun 03, 2009 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Digital Camera
May 11, 2009 | Sony DSC-T70 Digital Camera
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!