Question about Sony PS-LX250 Turntable
It appears the "on" button is jammed in, and the "off" button won't work. Both buttons feel sort of loose. My wife hit it with a tennis ball while playing with the dog.
The ole' wife hit the turntable with a tennis ball while playing with the dog accident. Very familiar with it. You can try a couple of different things...
1) Go inside the turntable, and see if you can fix it. Often times, there is a spring or bearing underneath the button, which has come dislodge. Just a matter of getting in there and putting it back.
2) See if some electrical contact spray does the trick. This stuff works great. and it's also available at most Radio Shack's now.
3) Just unplug it when u want to turn it off. Although, this is not really recommended, as your unit will be prone to slight surges and sparks - unless you just connect it to a power surge protector with a switch on it.
If all else fails, bring it to a service location for assistance. Shouldn't cost too much to fix, unless... the switches underneath the buttons are broken and need to be replaced. The switches are inexpensive ($5-10 part), but they'll get you on labor.
- TWEAK A/V LAB
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
T The turntable won't turn on.
Posted on May 11, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 26, 2013 | Philco 841205 Turntable
Feb 08, 2013 | Cell Phones
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Aug 08, 2011 | Stanton T.120 Turntable
Jun 18, 2011 | Maytag EPIC MFW9700S Front Load Washer
Dec 03, 2008 | Minolta Maxxum 300si 35mm SLR Camera
Oct 20, 2008 | Sharp R-930AK Convection/Microwave Oven
Jul 21, 2007 | Technics SL-1200MK2 Turntable
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: