Question about Computers & Internet
Before I progress this any further
1) What email program are you using? Is it windows live mail or outlook express or some other program - please identify the exact program you use for email.
2) I take it you are using Norton 360 as your antivirus program. Do you have any other antivirus program or firewall running on your machine?
3) Is it Windows XP or Vista or some other operating system you are using?
4) Have you downloaded or installed any computer programs around the time that this started - if so what were they?
It is impossible to progress a solution to this problem without this information and I am surprised at solutions being offered in the absence of this basic info.
I can say however that It is extremely unlikely that Orange are the root cause of your problem. It is much more probable that this is caused by an internal conflict or error on your computer.
As soon as you provide this information I will be happy to try and help.
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Hi, the e-mail now is in the outbox, just click the outbox, then forward your message to the person you want to receive,, check the e-mail you type, because failure will appear when the email is not correct
Good luck !!!
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
You are using the Windows Mail (for Vista), you mentioned that you could receive but unable to send messages, right?
You just need to configure your Windows Mail and change the Outgoing server smtp port number. Here's how:
1. Open your Windows Mail.
2. Click on Tools > Accounts > Mail tab.
3. Double-click the account that you have created (e.g. pop3.example.com or imap.example.com)
4. Go to the Properties of it and then click on Advanced tab.
5. Change the port number of the Outgoing server SMTP.
You may use either of the following Outgoing ports:
25, 2525, 587 or 465 (SSL) and then click on Save or OK.
Close and re-open your Windows Mail and try sending a test mail.
Have a great day!
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
I think you may have to perform a system restore, this will undo any settings that may have been changed, do you know how to perform one?
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
Check your smtp port and server addreses set properly.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
What email provider are u using? Outlook express?
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2014 | Apple iPad 2 Wifi 16GB
Jan 27, 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Tab on 3 Mobile Tablet PC
May 03, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 05, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Sep 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 19, 2008 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!