Question about Sony KV-32S26 32" TV

1 Answer

Sony kv32s26 While tv was off (had been for 10 hours) there was a very loud snap--burning electrical smell. TV now will not turn on

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,056 Answers

The switch mode power supply has failed in it. That section also provide standby voltage for your TV so that it will turn on when you use the remote. These power supply are driven by Field Effect Transistors, switching at up to 200 thousand times per second, and they are very efficient. There is a transformer usually that has ferite for a core. The Transistor has shorted out on it, and thats where the burning smell came from along with the resistor. The transformer may have been burnt too. It is possible for a someone to fix it, but he/she would have to be familiar with electronic components on television. It is not a job for a handy man type of guy.

Posted on Jun 28, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a sony KP5375 TV and the screen flashed and went dark. Now it won't turn on and there is a electrical smell coming from the TV. Reset doesn't work. Does this sound like it is more th


yes bulbs dont smell unless they pop plus its 3 bulbs in there, plus the tv would still have power/standby lights, and it's not that type of smell, replace the bulb but im sure this will not fix the problem, also my experience with dlp set it is often not worth repair, good luck you need more help or question just ask good luck

Mar 30, 2013 | Sony KP-53S75 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Our Panasonic 50" TH 42PX75U


well it sounds like something fried inside the tv. In my experience, this sounds like your y-sustain board went bad. it could be your video board also. considering todays value of the 50" panasonic plasma, it will be cheaper to replace it, unless you are willing to spend around $300 to get it fix at a shop.
good luck

Jun 17, 2011 | Panasonic TH-42PX75U 42 in. Plasma...

1 Answer

I smelled something electrical overheating or burning...I've smelled it before late at night. The 40-incher was going for about 8 to 10 hours now and I looked inside the body of the TV and saw a red light...


Now the tv u turn on?Ur tv now,have no power to the tv at all or the tv have a red or green LED power light indication is flashing only?Yes,than the tv power supply board is the causes and the problems.That the tv board where the power a/c cord plug into it.Tries websites like Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a whole refurbish power supply board for the replacement.

Apr 22, 2011 | Sony BRAVIA KDL52XBR2 Television

1 Answer

Is it possible to replace the bulb in this tv or something like that? I was watching it the other day when a loud pop occurred and there was some burning smell accompanied by the picture and sound going...


Shop around for the Big Screen repair Tech. Shop.The problems u discribing,the tv have more than a dead projection bulb.Circuits boards have burn components,must be trouble shoot and replace first.Before even know the static of the projection bulb.

Jul 16, 2010 | Sony KP-53S65 53" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Tv Smells bad


If it's a burning or hot smell, may be dust in the back. Simply vacuum the vents on the rear regularly.

Aug 01, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40S2000 40 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

Burning smell


unplug the receiver and call directv to send a new one. the dvr may have hard drive electrical issues that could lead to bigger problems

Mar 31, 2008 | Directv Plus DVR DTV Receiver / 100-Hours...

1 Answer

Sony KV32HS420


Good day.
I believe there may have been some parts that were burned out due to high voltage. There are cases where insects such as lizards penetrated and got stuck then got stuck then got electrecuted inside. You can open the back cover of your unit or better, refer to the repairman.


chris

Mar 25, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV

1 Answer

Panasonic TV Turned it self off, humming speakers, loud bang & Burning Smell


hi there, you do have a big problem at your tv, the loud bang means a part is broken, maybe you will cost 50 % of the original price of your tv. ty

Dec 26, 2007 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Noise when turned on


For the age of the set I would guess you have many loose conections in power supply and horizontal driver circuit,you need to call someone who can locate all of the overheated areas and resoldered them.Do not try to use it anymore or it will fail completely.Do not do it yourself unless you know how to safely work on a tv set.

Sep 12, 2006 | Sony KV-27V42 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony KV-32S26 32" TV Logo

Related Topics:

260 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Televison & Video Experts

kakima

Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74118 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1667 Answers

Are you a Sony Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...