Question about Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
You could have a faulty inverter or a CCFL lamp, To determine if you have a LCD screen, inverter or video card problem, read this and follow these instructions.
Defective CCFL backlight, it may have the following symptom: Screen flashs on red/pink and off. Picture stays on in red and slowly be come normal. Picture flickering with dim display or appear black. Picture flickering on and off. All these symptoms indicate that the LCD backlight lamp (CCFL Lamp) has reached the end of the life and all you need to do is replacing the CCFL lamp.
Connect an external monitor to your laptop and power the monitor up first then the laptop, if you see the normal Windows images then the video card and laptop is OK and the problem is definitely the backlight. Dim image and/or dark display on the laptop's LCD screen indicates a faulty LCD backlight and it could be the inverter that supplies high voltage to the CCFL lamp or it is the CCLF lamp is nearly burnt out or burnt out, most likely this is the case.
The inverter can be replaced easily but the CCLF lamp is more time consuming and requires soldering skills.
for parts, repair service and DIY info.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 08, 2014 | Manhattan Toy Manhattan Products PC to TV...
Jul 18, 2012 | Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Digital Camera
Sep 05, 2011 | Samsung S760 Digital Camera
May 06, 2011 | Canon Cameras
[CE40] Image quality control test pattern abnormality
(1) Use "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to 576)"to check the abnormal occurring condition for each color.
(2) Check "Output value display of image quality sensor / Low-density pattern (05-391-0 to 3)" to
check if the low-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color. The values under 320 for Y, M
and C, and under 220 for K are defined as low-density pattern abnormality.
(3) Check "Output value display of image quality sensor / High-density pattern (05-390-0 to 3)" to
check if the high-density pattern abnormality occurs for each color and identify the color which
pattern is abnormal. If the value is 630 or above, it is defined as high-density pattern abnormality.
(4) Set the values of "Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)" and "Image
quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)" to "0" (Invalid).
(5) Perform "Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)".
(6) Output the image quality control test pattern (04-270) more than one time and check the patch of the color identified in step (3) to see if the image is abnormal.
(7) Replace the image quality sensor.
(8) Set the values of "Image quality closed-loop control / Contrast voltage (08-556)" and "Image
quality closed-loop control / Laser power (08-557)" to "1" (Valid).
(9) Perform "Enforced performing of image quality open-loop control (05-394)" and make sure it is
completed normally. (Error [CE40] does not appear.)
(10) Clear all "Image quality control abnormal detection counter Y to K display/0 clearing (08-573 to 576).
Apr 12, 2011 | Toshiba Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 30, 2008 | Fuji FinePix A900 Digital Camera
May 18, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre PE16 All-In-One Laser...
Jan 24, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre PRO-215 All-In-One Laser...
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!