Can't Install the CD and internet downloading to use printer.
I tried downloading the software to be able to use with my laptop. It will say download complete, and then start with installing the all in one scanner and this will take longer than necessary. I sometimes leave the downloading for a day and yet no luck installing. The top bar says 'Downloading Complete' the second bar say's now installing the All in One Scanner and that takes forever.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: Can't Install the CD and internet downloading to use...
When we first Download softwere we can get two option one is run another is save. 1st we should safe . then we can sta ll driver. i have also faced same problem while i done run. if we save driver we can use it on next time thank(nepal)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try downloading just the driver of the printer and then install it on your computer.
You may also borrow an external dvd drive so you can use the cd that came with the printer.
Or if you have another computer with cd rom drive, you can insert the cd there, copy the installation files to a usb flash drive and then run the setup.exe in the computer with no cd rom drive so you can install the printer.
- If you have spare PC, you may copy the content of the CD to a USB disk and install from the USB disk on the laptop
- Or you may just insert the CD on another computer on the network and share the CD-ROM drive by going to My Computer-Right Click on the CD Drive and click share. Now on your laptop go to My Network Places (usually on Control Panel) where you can see the shared CD drive from your other machine.
- Or if your laptop has internet access, visit Brother website and type your printer model to download the driver installer on your laptop machine.
First connect the printer to the USB port if that is how it hooks up, this is the most common hookup. Power the printer on. Give the computer, which should already be running, some time to recognize the printer. It will ask for the disk (cd) or if you want to browse for it. Cancel the setup at this time.
Google your printers brand. Go to the company web site. You should see a link to 'drivers and downloads' click on this. A page will open usually with a search engine. Input your model. You should be presented with software for your model printer to download. Follow the instructions and download the software to your desktop.
When done close the internet and click on the software you just downloaded. It should start an install. Follow the instructions and install the software. Reboot your computer and go to the printer setup. Find your printer and open the maintenance menu. You should be able to do a test print at this point. If your printer prints a test page you are done.
I would save the downloaded software to a file which you can easily recognize and burn it on a cd.