Question about Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Hi You can Try 2 things.
There is some foreign object blocking your cartridges carriage that disables it from moving. Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.
First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.
If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there
It may be a piece of paper or a scotch tape or a staple wire.
Clean the timing strip.
The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) may be not lubricated well enough .
Lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps); this repair probably require to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2014 | Dell Computers & Internet
Error Code 5100 Error 5200: Start with printer powered off
It can have a lot to do with some obstruction in the print path, the gears, or ink on the clear plastic encoder strip. The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) was not lubricated well enough from factory. If you lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps) the mechanism can now slide more freely, and the unit can park the head properly without giving you the dreaded head homing error 5100 (or E-2-2 on the LCD display) Keep in mind that this repair will probably require you to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism. There are two screws behind the printer, and two in front for each corresponding side panel (the front screws are behind the grey front panel of the printer - open the top cover to see the clips which hold the front cover on)
1. Open cover of printer and verify that the ink cartridge carriage is not in the center of the printer. Leave cover open.
2. Unplug the electrical cord from the printer and wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug electrical cord back in, when ink cartridge carriage moves to the center of the printer quickly unplug the electrical cord again. This should leave the ink cartridge carriage in the center of the printer so you can get to it.
4. Lift up the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridges.
5. Remove the entire ink cartridge holder (not just the ink cartridges). It will lift out easily as a unit. Lower the gray arm that you lifted to remove the cartridge holder.
6. Close printer cover. Plug electricity back in.
7. There should be a message about checking the ink cartridge on the display (I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like that).
8. Open printer, lift the gray arm that surrounds the ink cartridge area and reinsert the ink cartridge holder (with the ink cartridges in it). Lower the gray arm.
9. Close printer cover.
10. The display should appear normal now, and you should be able to print again.
Start with printer powered off
Jul 09, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 26, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 12, 2011 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Mar 18, 2011 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Jan 09, 2011 | Dell 926 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX300 All-in-One Printer
Apr 08, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 08, 2008 | Canon Pixma iP6600D InkJet Photo Printer
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: