Question about Computers & Internet
What version of Windows are you using?
Your hard drive is most likely not formatted. In Windows Vista, you will need to:
1. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.
4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
5. Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.
7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
• If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.
• To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.
8. Review your choices, and then click Finish.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2014 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 30, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Mar 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2009 | Western Digital Caviar WD2500BB 250 GB...
Aug 10, 2009 | ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard
Feb 26, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2007 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Apr 08, 2007 | Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS...
Jun 23, 2018 | RPM Computers & Internet
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!