Question about Computers & Internet
What version of Windows are you using?
Your hard drive is most likely not formatted. In Windows Vista, you will need to:
1. Open Computer Management by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Computer Management. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management.
3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then click New Simple Volume.
4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
5. Type the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then click Next.
6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then click Next.
7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
• If you don't want to format the volume right now, click Do not format this volume, and then click Next.
• To format the volume with the default settings, click Next.
8. Review your choices, and then click Finish.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2014 | Acer TravelMate P453-M...
Sep 15, 2014 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 30, 2011 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Mar 17, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2009 | Western Digital Caviar WD2500BB 250 GB...
Aug 10, 2009 | ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard
Feb 26, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2007 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Apr 08, 2007 | Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS...
Sep 24, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: