I too have the Hamat Everest single-handle faucet. In the last few months, I experienced a considerable reduction in the water pressure from the handle. Once removed from the hose, and cleaned out, there was slight improvement, but not enough to be noticable. I've narrowed the problem down to the spray handle/handset which has a water control bobbin at its base (by the way, the same control is at the base of the extension hose). That seems to be the problem, but I too don't know how to correct it. I was thinking of getting a replacement handle, but don't know if it'll work since the model is an older one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if water is coming out on top you need to replace the cartrige. If the button ontop is broken or faulty then the whole handle assembly needs replacement.
The good news is you can replace these parts for free without a receipt. Almost all these faucets carry a lifetime warranty. Simply turn off the water supply at the faucet, then remove faucet and take it to your local plumbing supply store. e.g. Home depot, Lowes, Rona, etc.etc.
I have the exact same faucet from Hamat and I just took it apart ...every last bit....the tabs on each part are notched so when you put it all back again...its pretty easy....I had every single part layed across the table.
(Below is the red neck way....without the special tool to take off the top key part which requires a special T tool)
now for the desembly.... under the handle is the red/blue button...unscrew carefully not to ruin the color...if it does not come out ...pry it out...mine was not so friendly....then take a small hex and stick it in the hole and unscrew a small screw....whalllaaa ...the top is off....now for the only hard part of this whole project....without their special tool your going to have to take a vice grip layed over a cotton cloth and clamp it on the top back side perpedicular....on the actual crome/stainless steel....this part will not be seen from the front.... I did scratch mine a bit ...but dont see it after the fix...remember it under the handle on the backside....then take another vice grip and cloth to the part you stick in the counter....(not the threads of course...just above) then with hulk like procedures your going to give it all.....hold with the left the base vice grip....and with the top ...crank it counter clockwise....again with the vice grip perpendicular ...on the back edge...I had to use a small screwdriver or rod to stick it across the vice grip for leverage.....erggggg....got it.
after that take note of how the part fall out.....eventuallly you might need to take out the cylinder.....remove the hose (did it at begininng) then wiggle....and pull out the cylinder...dont unscrew....back and forth in 10 degree turns as you pull out.....this is not screwed in.....Only One big screw already taken care off... the hoses connected in the interior are tough and for some wierd reason need a 10mm wrench.
Ok good luck....and by the way MINE DID NOT HAVE HOT WIRE...a part of rubber washer came loose from my plumbing under the counter and found its way to block hot water...inside the very core of the faucet....oh well ALLL DONE.... hot water for dishes...for my wife...just kidding.