1. Turn off the computer and remove the battery
2. Loosen the plastic frame bordering the Toshiba Satellite
L555D-S7005 Screen. This frame is attached
to the notebook's back shell and holds the screen in place. Pry open two
to six small rubber seals from the frame and undo concealed screws.
3. Detach the frame after removing all screws. Hold the bezel from
either side of the screen and gently pull it away from the screen and
toward you. If the bezel seems to be stuck, find any points of
attachment, such as clips or hooks, and undo to detach it from the outer
shell. Work with your fingers and go all around the frame to release
and completely detach it.
4. Free the LCD panel from its position in the notebook's lid. When
you remove the bezel, you will notice that the screen is held in place, enclosed in
Undo screws from either side of the screen to release its attachment to
the lid. Place a finger at the top center of the screen to keep it from
falling down as you remove the screws. With all screws undone, tilt the
panel and lower it face down onto the keyboard.
5. Disconnect the power cable and video cable from the screen. The power cable connects the screen's power source of the lcd inverter to the backlight lamp attached to a side of the panel. Unplug cables
from either end of the inverter board and unscrew the board from the
base of the screen.
Next, find and unplug the video cable a broad, ribbon like arrangement
taped to the back of the panel. Pull at the plastic head of the cable to
6. Remove the screen. With the
screen's cables unplugged and inverter board removed, it is completely
detached from the notebook's display assembly and may be safely removed.
Pick up the panel from the keyboard and keep it to a side.
7. Orient the replacement screen by
bringing it to the work area and aligning it to the laptop's shell.
Gently rest the screen on the keyboard and attach the power cable and the video cable. Raise the screen and
attach the inverter board to its base. Plug in the inverter board's
cable to the screen's backlight lamp. Screw the screen in place and
reorganize the display assembly.