Re: i need to bypass the parking brake wire on my dual...
There are two wires 1 gear in park wire, 2 parking brake wire. These two wire must come in contact multiple times before the screen will show. The only way to do this is with a toggle switch (look like a switch to turn on or off a car alarm). Only problem is everytime you want to watch something you have to do the switch many times(1-30) sometimes more. To avoid this hook the red and yellow wire to the constant battery wire do the toggle switch until the screen shows the picture with sound and you are all set, you radio will only power for the ring around the volume button when off. Good luck thats the only way mine has worked for the past 3yrs. P.S. don't turn switch off or you'll be trying that toggle again(1-30+) times.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
at this time there isn't a code bypass for this model. the easiest thing to do so that you can play video while in motion. is to put a toggle switch on the parking brake wire of the dual screen. then do the ebrake pattern on the switch instead of the ebrake in the car
1. disconnect the parking brake wire of the dual from ur ebrake wire in your car.
2. take your 2 wire toggle switch and connect one wire to Ground(metal)
3. take the other wire and connect it to the parking brake wire of the dual screen.
if i remember correctly, the pattern for the dual screens is.
1. starting in the off position.
2. on for 2 secs
3. off for 2 secs.
4. then on .. the the video will show.
For the Anti-Theft Passcode if you forgot yours - Turn to player on. Make sure the screen is out. Press and HOLD the MUTE button. While holding the MUTE button, press and HOLD the POWER button. (Should be holding them both down at this time.) After about 12 seconds a new passcode screen should come up. Release the MUTE and POWER buttons. Type in 122164. Press OK. Your passcode is now reset to 0000.
For The E Brake Passcode - Put in a DVD. Wait until you hear the sounds of the DVD. Press STOP twice on your remote. Press 22604 on the remote. Press OK/ENTER on the remote.
OK PEOPLE, I HAVE THE DUAL XDVD8181 just installed, you don't need to do any kind of code to get the video to bypass. this is what you have to do
Get a toggle switch, one that flips one way for ON, and the other way for OFF. connect parking brake wire (yellow/blue) to one end of the switch and the other end to the ground of the radio (Black wire) leave the switch in off position, turn on radio and insert dvd, when you get the blue screen, flip switch ON OFF ON wait 5 seconds and video will come on. That it fellas.
1. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert Audio CD ** Press PLAY ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 on remote ** Press ENTER ** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD Credit: Myself via a DUAL Tech
2. DVD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert a DVD ** Let it play until you hear sound ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 ** Press ENTER Credit: Adam P.
The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.