Question about Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee Maker
But It does not appear to be overflowing from the basket it appears to be de that the lid of the Carafe is air bound and not allowing the coffee to enter
Coffee overflowing onto the counter is a common complaint found in response to many automatic drip coffee makers. The following are potential solutions that can be used to rule out "operator error" vs. a defect or malfunction:
1. Do not "pack" or otherwise overfill the cone/basket with grinds.
2. If self-grinding your coffee beans, ensure you are using the correct grind setting for an automatic drip coffee maker. (See instruction manual for coffee maker and/or grinder.)
3. Do not overfill tank with water. Use the marks on the side of the reservoir rather than those defined by another measuring method. This is because a "cup" in a coffee carafe is defined as 6 oz, not 8 oz, and in some cases as little as 5 oz as a cup. (See your owner's manual.)
4. Make certain the filter cone/basket clicks into place and that the carafe is centered and pushed all the way in.
5. Try a permanent filter rather than a paper filter or vice versa.
6. Only use the correct permanent or paper filter (see manual).
7. Verify that the Pause 'n Serve button isn't sticking. If it is activated too long the brew will escape over the top of the cone/basket. This may be more apt to happen if the alignment of the carafe and the basket is incorrect.
8. Clean your carafe and machine with vinegar or as instructed by your owner's manual at least three times per year, more if your water supply is hard (prone to leaving water spots). A properly cleaned machine is less likely to suffer a burned out heating element, to take too long to brew a pot of coffee, to produce "off" tasting coffee, or to clog and overrun the filter basket.
9. Ensure that the coffee machine is sitting level on the counter.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Mishandle or wrong used of appliance to malfunction. try bringing it to the specialist or the store where you bought it. and maybe you will need to replace it with a new one. Hope this link shall help you with your concern.
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
Make sure you are using a coffee paper filter for 8-10 cups...the smaller ones are too short and coffee goes over the filter and all over the counter.
Posted on May 28, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2013 | Cuisinart Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Nov 16, 2012 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Nov 18, 2010 | Krups Aroma Control 229 Coffee Maker
Jul 29, 2010 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Sep 07, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Aug 10, 2009 | Cuisinart Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Aug 10, 2009 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
Jul 30, 2009 | Cuisinart Grind and Brew 10 Cup Coffee...
Jul 29, 2009 | Cuisinart DCC-1200 Coffee Maker
Mar 29, 2009 | Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
2,623 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: