Question about HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi Shaharz !
As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are receiving an error "Remove and check black ink cartridge" on the All-In-One display screen. If yes, perform the below steps.
Let me provide you the cause of the issue. The most cause of the issue is that if you are using refilled, re manufacture ink cartridges, cartridge is not fitting properly, wrong cartridge no. However, perform the below steps to resolve the issue.
1. Remove the print cartridges from the printer.
2. Clean the print cartridges using the lint free cloth both the cartridges heads as well as inside the printer.
3.Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:
a. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
b. Wait 30 seconds.
c. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
4. Insert only the black ink cartridge first and check the message on the printer.
If the issue is with the black ink cartridge then the same message will be appears on the printer. If not it will prompt you to insert the color ink cartridge.
Do the same procedure with the color ink cartridge.
If the issue persist, then it shows that the issue is with the black ink cartridge. check the expiry date of the print cartridges and try to replace it.
I believe the issue is with the printer itself. However, the printer using the HP 56 and 57 ink cartridges.
As you have mentioned that you have already replaced the black ink cartridge. Then it confirms that the issue is with the printer. However, you can try resetting of the printer to its default settings and check for the issue.
To reset the printer, perform the below steps.
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding until it displays Semi Full Reset message in the front panel of the All-in-One.
The printer might be turned off after performing the above steps, so no need to worry about that.
Then turn on the printer and check for the result.
Hope this will helps you a lot!!!
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2011 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
Feb 08, 2011 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
Aug 04, 2010 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
Jan 13, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 22, 2009 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
1. Remove all cartridges and turn off printer
2. Unplug printer and wait one minute
3. hold down # and 9 while plugging power cord back in.
4. Wait a few seconds, then press the power button.
5. Display should read "Full Null Reset"
6 Only install color cartridge. Close cover
7. Wait for machine to ask for black cartridge, then open cover and install black cartridge.
8. Close cover
9. Alignment page should be printed automatically.
Mar 16, 2009 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 31, 2008 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
Mar 18, 2008 | HP Officejet 5510 All-In-One Thermal...
874 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: