You may have to do a hard reset on your phone if you haven't already. This will erase everything that has been placed on your device since you have had it--contacts, pictures, videos, texts, emails, etc. It is important that all of your information is backed up to the computer by Hotsyncing your device. If you have not Hotsynced your device recently then you will lose all your information, but since it only goes to the Logo you may have already lost your information. I have a Treo and that happened to my device.
To do a hard reset:
- Press and hold the on/off button while taking the battery out of the phone (DO NOT let go of the On/Off button while taking the battery out and do not release even after the battery is out).
- Count to ten and then while still holding the on/off button put the battery back in (DO NOT let go of the On/Off button)
- The phone should power up and show the Palm logo and at the bottom of the screen the black bar should keep getting longer until it reaches the other side of the screen. The screen should change and say "Access Powered" and then go back to the Palm Logo and that black bar at the bottom of the screen should get longer again.
- If the phone doesnt show "Access Powered" and stays on the Palm Logo screen, then make sure that the black bar is as long as it can be and then release your finger from the on/off button.
- There should be another screen that comes up and asks "Reset Phone?"
- At that point you press the UP navigation key to say YES or the DOWN navigation key to say NO. Either one you press, will restart the phone and it should load fine thereafter.
Sometimes the on/off button gets stuck so you might have to play with it a little. If that the button still doesnt work, you need to take it in to a SprintNextel Service Center and speak with a technician who will open the device and test for any physical or liquid damage which could be causing the button to be inoperable.