Question about Maytag MAH6700AWW Neptune Front-Load Washer
I replaced the tub seal kit a year and a half ago. Now the washer will agitate but will not spin. Have replaced with new belts with no improvement. Would it be the transmission or clutch/brake? And would it be worth while to replace either?
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
Hello - I am have the same problem with my washing machine. It does not spin and there is a burning smell. I read another website and they mentioned that it could be many things quite comlicated, like the coupler could be broken, or the tranny could have gone bust, or the motor. Just get of your machine and get a new one!
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
If this is a machine that is controlled by the belt, maybe the water pump has something lodged in it not allowing all the pulleys to turn. remove the belt underneath the machine and check the freedom of the pulleys.
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2013 | Maytag Bravos Series MVWB850YW 28"...
Sep 28, 2012 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Jun 29, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Aug 12, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MAH6500A Front Load Washer
Aug 10, 2009 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Jan 31, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 15, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Jul 11, 2008 | Maytag Washing Machines
Oct 02, 2016 | Maytag MAH6700AWW Neptune Front-Load...
1,671 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!