Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Try a different disc. Get a good quality DVD lens cleaning kit. Follow the direction on the lens cleaner disc carefully. If this does not solve your problem, Contact SONY at 1800 345 7669. You will need your receipt and the Warranty sticker must be intact for Sony to exchange your PS3. I wish you the best of luck.
Posted on Nov 07, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Xbox reads game as DVD
When this happens this means that your laser lens is going bad. You can order a new lens off of Ebay and replace it or order a new DVD drive of the same model and replace the circuit board with the one in your current drive. The reason you need to replace the board if you order a new drive instead of just a laser lens is because the firmware of the DVD drive is mated to the motherboard. You can not just replace the whole drive and get it to work.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Get a can of compressed air and blow out the cd slot. do not go in to far or you will damage the lens. The air I used was the same type you get to clean your keyboard.
Good Luck and please rate FixYa!
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 28, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 11, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 23, 2008 | Nintendo DS Console
20 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!