An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: error code MP170
CHECK THIS OUT if it can help:
Canon Error Codes
L5000,5500,7000,8000: To enter service mode Data Registration, #, Ram Clear is under #8 clear
Faxphone 20 ram clear Turn off the power switch Turn off the memory protect switch (located on the bottom of the machine) Turn the power on Press function # 2 0 start Turn the power switch off Turn on the memory protect switch
Fax L770 fuser gear wears out easily under heavy usage. White gear with 2 sets of teeth.
Inkjet models such as the B160 will hold faxes in memory and refuse to print if excess ink has accumulated on the pad under the cartridge's nose. Remove the cartridge and wipe up excess ink with a cotton swab.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1 - power off. 2 - hold stop/reset ,hold ON/OFF 3 - release stop/reset, push stop/reset twice, quickly, then release ON/OFF 4 - wait untill LCD display shows "Canon Idle",then push stop/reset four times, quickly 5 - then push power twice, quickly 6 - power off and power on.
The 6500 error code is a logic board error code. The PCI Bus error is detected by the ASCI. Sounds like it needs new logic board. but i suggest you to first of all you can try to reset your printer -
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available). 2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer. 3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. 4. Turn the printer back on. If this works you're done, if not try the next step.
1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the paper output tray. 2. Open the top cover and wait until the print head moves to the center. 3. Open the inner cover and check that ink tanks are properly seated. 4. Properly seated 5. Press down on each ink tank until a click is heard. 6. Close the inner cover and top cover
if reset method not works for you then you go for the new logic board replacement .............
primeramente me salio 5100 pero luego paso a 6000 no se lo que puede pasar ya que no se mueven los cartuchos y no hace el reseteo cuando la enciendo y solamente me sale COMPRUEBE IMPRESORA Y SALE 6000 ERROR.
en espera me sean indicados los problemas que se puedan subsanar un saludfo