Question about Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whenever anyone uses the stovetop to boil water, the steam seems to affect the microwave and causes it to turn on by itself and the panel buttons will not work

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 332 Answers

Did it come with the exhaust fan under it? if so just turn it on when boiling water if it didn't try to find one that goes with the unit and hve it installed, this is theonly way to fix the problem

Posted on Jun 27, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

Is it true that the use of microwave ovens destory the neutriunts in the food or water that is reheated in them?


According to a recent 'Ask Umbra' column on Grist, there are three factors affecting nutrient loss when you cook vegetables: temperature, time, and water. "Nutrients tend to be both heat-intolerant and water-soluble," the article says, which means that any method that requires a) cooking at a high temperature for a long time, and b) uses a lot of water will result in the greatest nutrient loss. (So by this measure, boiling vegetables is likely the worst offender.) It goes without saying then that cooking at a lower temperature for a shorteramount of time and with less water would result in the least amount of nutrients lost, and that's what the microwave accomplishes.So where did this idea originate in the first place? According to Grist, in 2003 a study from Spain claimed that steaming broccoli in the microwave caused it to lose 97 percent of its antioxidants, while stovetop cooking only resulted in an 11 percent loss. But critics say the study used more water than would ever be necessary in a microwave, and thus the results were flawed.Basically, water, not the microwave, is the most important factor when cooking vegetables, according to Grist. The less water, the better:Steaming, for instance, is a fairly good option because the veggies have less contact with water. Even better: Cook your veggies in a stew or soup, and you'll be able to slurp those escapee nutrients up. Stovetop stir-frying or saut?ing is also a good choice, assuming you don't go crazy with the oil. Baking and roasting are yummy, but don't forget that long exposures to heat will zap some of the nutrients. Of course, other arguments against microwaves have to do with magnetrons and radiation levels, etc., which is a whole other topic. But as far as nutrient loss goes, if microwaving is your preferred choice for cooking vegetables, than cook on. Just watch the amount of water you use!

Mar 02, 2015 | In Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Condensation between door glasses


This moisture can accumulate from certain types of cooking (lots of boiling) in the microwave or in extreme cases, from a blocked grease filter or exhaust vent duct.

Spills or large amounts of accumulated moisture should be wiped off. Minor amounts can dry out by themselves easier if you leave the door open after cooking.

Also, when boiling on the stovetop, you should always use the hood vent exhuast fan to keep steam and grease out of the controls and the door area of the microwave. I always recommend using the vent fan with any cooking on the stovetop.

As long as it is not rusting the metal mesh screen or other parts of the door, it can be allowed to dry out over a period of days with the door open.

If it is a convection microwave, using the convection heat will help it dry.

May 19, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

When I boil water on the stove top, the electronic buttons on the microwave do not work. After a period of about week the electronic buttons work again. A repairman said I need a new door for $325.00. ...


CONTACT LG FACTORY TECHNICAL DEPTN, ASK IF THERE IS A SERVICE FLASH ON THIS MODEL OR INSULATION TO KEEP THE CONTROL PAD FROM FILTERING WATER STEAM..

Feb 18, 2011 | LG LMVM2075 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I HAVE A GE MICROWAVE/BROWNER NODEL WES1384SM2SS. IT HAS STOPPED RUNNING. I CAN SET IT UP TO COOK BUT WHEN I HIT THE START BUTTON NOTHING HAPPENS.


Re: GE JES1384SF Mine quit working so I unplugged it and put a pot of boiling water in it and let the steam dissolve whatever was gumming things up. I used an electric hot plate to keep the water boiling. I let it boil for a couple of hours. I left the door 2/3 open. The microwave is working again. It is four years old and has been used every day, many times a day before it stopped working.

Jan 08, 2011 | GE JES1384SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Our lg microwave Model LMVa925SB seems to cut out when starting it all the time and we have to reset our outside power switch. My husband changed the switches as told by a home depot person to another...


You may have an "Earth Leak". That can be caused by, in microwave ovens, spilliage on the turntable motor causing a "leak of mains power" to Earth and tripping the RCD switch.
Have a look at the motor from underneath where the inspection cover can be removed.
Or
a leak from within the appliance itself due to leakage of boiled over/steamed food. It is clearly not safe to use as it is.

Dec 22, 2010 | LG Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Keypad not working after boiling water below


Direct spraying of cleaners on the keypad and steam from the cooktop can damage the controls.

I always recommend that you spray non-ammonia cleaner on a soft cloth (not a paper towel which can scratch) and gently wipe the keypad.

And I always recommend that you use the vent fan whenever you're cooking on the stove top to keep heat, steam, and grease out of the controls and door panels.

If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out.

At our Web site, we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts here.

I'd recommend that your bookmark this link to your favorites.


Otherwise, the keypad may be damaged or worn out, or control unit may be damaged.

Feel free to contact me directly (and please include your full model number from the tag in or on the unit) for a free estimate and free tips & do-it-yourself advice.

Your full model number would be one of these: JVM1540DM1BB JVM1540DM1CC JVM1540DM1WW JVM1540LM1CS JVM1540SM1SS

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com


Feb 09, 2010 | GE JVM1540DM Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave turned off


I always suggest that the hood / exhaust fan be on whenever you're cooking on the stove top. This helps keep grease and steam out of the controls.

The first thing to try is a "hard reset". Unplug it from the power line for a minute, plug it back in, set the clock, then try again.

Let us know if the hard reset doesn't fix it.

Otherwise, you may have a bad controller, which we may be able to repair for you.

Jun 29, 2008 | GE JVM2070 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Boiling water


This is not unusual, and it can reuslt in a nasty burn.

It may help if you be sure the sides of the container are wet before you heat it.

Also, after heating, if you push the microwave back and forth a little bit before opening the door, that may trigger the outburst in a safer manner.

Even better, if this happens a lot with a certain container, put a wooden (non-metallic) spoon in the container before you heat it.

Here's an interesting article about this from Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp

And an advisory from the FDA:
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/consumer/erupted.html

Nov 18, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven Logo

155 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Magic Chef Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Shehu Pro
Shehu Pro

Level 3 Expert

1284 Answers

charles

Level 2 Expert

97 Answers

Are you a Magic Chef Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...