Question about Compaq EVO D5S SFF Refurbished Desktop Computer
I have compaq Evo D5SP series 17 number pc's. All those PC's are very slow. Difficult to work. We are get these machines from
Doesn't really make a difference whether new or used your machines. What matters is the preventive measures as well as the regular maintenance required to keep it running at top condition.
There are several methods of maintaining an efficient PC meaning to keep it running as fast as it originally was when you got them. Before I can make any suggestion, please add some more information by replying to the queries below:
1. What is the Operating System of the computers?
2. Are the machines tied to a local networking?
3. Do you have access to Internet and in what manner are you connected?
4. Do you have any anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware running?
5. Do you have a user account other than the Administrator for each PC?
6. For what purpose are the PCs used (gaming, office application, internet surfing)?
7. What other devices are attached (brand/model/capacity of video card, CD drives, bluetooth, infrared, webcam etc) to the machines?
8. Are you using some sort of a Cafe Manager program?
9. Do you have a dedicated server other than the 17 units?
10. What software utilities are you using (Norton, System Mechanic, TweakUI, Registry Cleaner)?
11. What other programs are running constantly (Chika, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, etc)?
Soon and upon receipt of your reply, we can start figuring out corrective measures and other actions your onsite technician can perform to prevent future slowdown and maintain efficiency.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 18, 2012 | Compaq Evo D510 Minitower (Open Box)...
Apr 19, 2009 | HP Compaq EVO D510 Intel Desktop PC -...
Mar 27, 2009 | Compaq Evo D500 PC Desktop
Mar 04, 2008 | Compaq Evo D510 Minitower (Open Box)...
Jan 22, 2008 | Compaq Evo D510 Minitower (Open Box)...
Nov 06, 2007 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Sep 18, 2006 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: