Question about Apple iPhone 3G
You'll need to restore your iPhone. While this may resolve your issue, you may lose data if you've not updated recently.
1. Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes.
2. Connect iPhone to your computer.
3. Select iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and click the Summary tab.
4. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there’s a newer version of the iPhone software available.
5. Click Restore to restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Make sure you have the latest version of itunes on your comp & power up comp & itunes
-power off your phone
-hold down the home button (around 6secs) then insert USB cable while still holding button then release button when cable plugged in
-itunes will then bring up message saying that the phone has been detected in recovery mode
- it will then give you choice to restore your iphone
-continue with this choice & restore your phone, you can either restore as a new phone (like new) or from a back up (all your stuff back), try from your back up first, if this doesnt work and you go back to square one then do this process again only this time restore your iphone as new and resync your info later on.
Hope this helps!!
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2017 | Apple iPhone 3G
Download the latest iTunes to your computer and reset the iPhone. Then re-sync it.
To reset iPhone, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds. During this time, a red "power off" slider may appear and the screen may go black, but do not release Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears.
If iPhone won't turn on, or the display freezes or doesn't respond
1. Remove Sim Card
2. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until Apple logo appears
3. Replace Sim Card
4. Hold in 'Home' button and 'On/Off' button together until normal phone screen appears.
Also, Try this:
1.) Shut down the iPhone 3G.
2.) Start up iTunes
3.) Hold down HOME button on the iPhone 3G
4.) While keeping the HOME button depressed, plug in the Sync cable
5.) A message will pop up to ask if you want to reset.
6.) Just click YES and the reset process should start.
Dec 11, 2010 | Apple iPhone 3G
Dec 23, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Sep 23, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Sep 07, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jul 24, 2009 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Jun 25, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
Jun 12, 2009 | Apple iPhone 3G
2,049 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!