Question about Philips Televison & Video

2 Answers

I bought a Phillips Magnavox model# 19PR19C122.

I bought a Phillips Magnavox model# 19PR19C122. I need to plug in wired headphones to this tv but it does not have a headphone jack. Can I purchase an adapter or is there another way I can connect the headphones Thanks bottomline is:
this Phillips tv does not have a headphone jack so how can I connect wired headphones to this particular tv?

Posted by on

  • 1 more comment 
  • lee075053 Jun 27, 2009

    Thank you this is very thorough. Do you know how much this costs? or when can I get prices or also will large wellknown eclectronic stores have it? Is there a charge for answering this question?

  • lee075053 Jul 03, 2009

    This does not exist in the United States. I believe It is only found in Ireland. Please tell me specifically how to order it. I have been all over looking for it. I have gone to Best Buy, to Radio Shack, Tiger Direct,

    I have called electronic stores here in Miami Florida. It is not "Widely avaialble,". It is very important for me to get this as I live with an elderly relative and need the headphones. I would really appreciate your telling me exactly how to order one or purchaseone. I have no problem ordering one on-line.

    Believe me I have been all over Miami and cannot find one. I logged on tothe manufacturer and could not get in to order.

    Thank you so much,

  • lee075053 Jul 04, 2009


    That is not what I asked. I already bought wired headphones so I cannot go out now and purchase wireless headphones. You stated the adapter was relatively easy to purchase and it is not.

    Can you please let me know specfically how to get the adapter you have been referring to.

    Also, my elderly relative does not have a hearing problem. I just need to block out noise so she does not have hear my TV.

    Please respond.

    Thank you so much, I am having a difficult time finding the adapter.



2 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Expert
  • 942 Answers

So you need and adapter, you just buy in online, you will visit this website

you will find your adopter on that site

Good luck



Posted on Jul 04, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Philips Master
  • 2,200 Answers


Yes. You can purchase an adaptor that will enable you to use your headphones with this TV. You can connect it to either the scart connections or the RCA connections on your TV whichever is most convenient for you. It acts as a mini amplifier which then transmits the correct signal required for the headphones. I have included a link so you can see exactly what I am talking about. A good description of the characteristics of this adaptor is given at the link below

.Any good electronics store will stock these units. Please click on the link for more information.***&assoc=D8029637-0DDA-48DA-9BA1-03B0D58EDEA7

Hope this helps. Please rate accordingly.

Thank You

Posted on Jun 27, 2009

  • 3 more comments 
  • Radio Code Pro
    Radio Code Pro Jun 27, 2009


    There will be no extra charge for this question and I am more than happy to answer. These little units are very good and cost between $30 and $40 for a standard unit right up to $250 for a higher end amplifier like the Beresford TC-7520. Any good electronics store will have them or will be able to order one in for you. They are also widely available on the internet and a good example can be found here with all the necessary wiring for less than $35.

    The unit at that link allows connection via SCART or RCA outputs on your TV. I would advise that whichever unit you choose you get one that has both options for SCART and RCA connectors to allow you maximum flexibility in how you connect it to your TV. Remember that some units connect by RCA only and whilst this is fine it may limit your outputs to other equipment you may want to use with your TV. If you are buying or ordering one in from your local store be sure to specify this.

    I hope clarifies things for you. Please remember to click through and rate my answer.

    Many Thanks.

  • Radio Code Pro
    Radio Code Pro Jun 27, 2009

    Just to clarify for you one standard charge applies and covers the answer to both questions.

  • Radio Code Pro
    Radio Code Pro Jul 03, 2009


    Can I direct you to this very good site. The link will take you to an explanation of various headphone units. They have good customer support, plenty of info and you can email them for advice on a particular unit before you purchase.

    As the wired units do not appear to be widely available in the USA you might consider one of the wireless units on this site which would even be better for your elderly relative as this gives freedom from awkward wiring. How it works is you connect a base unit to your TV which sends the signal to the headphones which can then be used anywhere in the room that is comfortable.

    When choosing the headphones make sure the base unit has the ability to connect to your scart or RCA connections on your TV. You may want to email support on that site to be sure before you purchase. Here is the link to the discussion on headphones - how to choose.

    They also have a live online chat option on the site which could be very useful to make sure you are getting a unit that is correct for the job in hand. See link beside their phone no. on that page for email and live chat.

    This company operates out of Charlottesville, Virginia so is USA based. They are specialists in this type of equipment so I am sure thet will be able to supply the correct unit.

    Please do me know how you get on.

  • Radio Code Pro
    Radio Code Pro Jul 03, 2009

    Heres is another support link for that site

  • Radio Code Pro
    Radio Code Pro Jul 03, 2009

    Its very important that whatever unit you buy has the capability to connect and amplify the signal from your SCART or RCA connections as you have no headphone connection on this TV.

    In the event that Crutchfield have no solution for you there is a specialist company in UK dealing with equipment like this specifically for people who are hard of hearing. This is their support email

    Here is a link to their site

    I would be very surprised if between the two of these you cannot find a suitable item to purchase.

    Kind Regards



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Bought a new 40" Philips HD TV to replace the 16

Maybe the manual that came with the TV would shed some light on that.

Mar 07, 2011 | Sony MDR-RF970RK Headphones

1 Answer

I bought a 1995 magnavox at pawn shop today and a attenna but tv wont let me select vhs/uhf attenna mode so the tv just snowy do you know how i can get it onto vhs/uhf mode. I believe this is a phillips...

This would be VHS only that i know of if you do not have a remote to switch to the other side is what you need its available at but I beleave this is VHS only. thanks

Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at

Aug 19, 2009 | Philips Magnavox MPD845

1 Answer

I have an older magnavox t.v. I bought these

Check the set up or sound menus on the TV you may find a setting for internal speakers on/off. Or some thing of that nature. Most TVs even of that vintage were set up for the fledgling home theater systems. My Hitachi has this ability so I can mute the TV speakers so they don't interfere with the home stereo Amp. But the output on the back of the TV still has controllable audio out.

Hope this is of some help.

Apr 19, 2009 | Sony MDR-IF240 Consumer Headphones

1 Answer

Headphone out jack is really quiet.


If you're trying to plug the speakers into the headphone connector that will happen.
Headphones are having a high impedance and those loudspeakers a low impedance.
That's why your volume is down. It stresses your audio-amplifier and even blow your finals.


Jan 30, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Phillips magnavox tv/vcr combo need codes to program remote

most universal remote controls will not operate the combo type units. Contact for a repoacement remote.

Nov 24, 2008 | RCA Universal Remote Control

3 Answers

Magnavox mptv68a

any magnavox controler will work just put in some good batteries . lots retail wholesale stores like walmart carries magnavox tv remotes but make sure its a magnavox.

Apr 10, 2008 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV

1 Answer

Phillips Magnavox Rear Projection Tv screen too dark

The high voltage is failing. The LSB board is about $200 from

Dec 28, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 51MP392H Rear Projection...

3 Answers

Owner manual

I believe if you call Magnavox and they can send you an owners manual, just be sure you specify owners manual and not service manual. and go to contact us

Sep 09, 2007 | Philips Magnavox 27MS343S 27" TV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

171 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75767 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1229 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Philips Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides