Question about Samsung SP-R4232 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: samsung plasma sp-r4232
Remove the power supply cable to Y Main board, check Vs on power supply board when you turn on tv.
1. If you have normal Vs, replace the Y Main board. If still not work, replace the Logic board.
2. If you don't have normal Vs when you try to turn on your tv, just replace the Power Supply board.
Posted on Jan 01, 2008
Most likely the TV has a power supply related problem. It's possible that it maybe a bad capacitor or transformer on the power supply board. Or, something simple like a blown fuse inside the TV. The most common board to go bad is the Backlight Inverter Board. It what supplies power to the screen.
But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can't actually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptoms.
You have a few choices:
1. You can try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 - 45 minutes so the TV can discharge and reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual over the internet; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you circuit diagrams, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $20. And most cases the new part cost less than $15.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
Samsung part numbers start with BP this does not look like a samsung part number, you cant go by the listing on the relay itselt, look on the board and find a part location number, with relays it might be RY101,RY102 etc... Then use this site to help u further in obtaining the correct part#. www.partstore.com
Also Samsungs Parts Info phone number is 800-634-8276 or try their tech support number 866-797-8736
On the website Input you model number then click on list all parts for this model and look for the part location you found on the board. which is the power supply.
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
you have a bad cap in the power supply this device will have a can shape with a puffed up top value is on the side replace it and you should be al set
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2012 | Samsung SP-R4232 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Aug 24, 2012 | Samsung BN96-23347A Main Board for...
Sep 02, 2011 | Samsung SP-R4232 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Jan 06, 2010 | Samsung SP-R4232 42 in. Plasma HDTV
Nov 18, 2009 | Samsung SP-R4232 42 in. Plasma HDTV
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: