Question about GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven
The owner's manual shows you to to access and change them.
Your exact model is not there, but the similar models (like the BCS suffix) should work just fine.
COOKTOP/NIGHT LIGHT REPLACEMENT
To avoid personal injury or property damage, wear gloves when replacing light bulb.
1. Unplug the oven or turn off power at the main power supply.
2. Remove the bulb cover mounting screws.
3. Replace bulb with 40 watt appliance bulb.
4. Replace bulb cover, and mounting screws.
5. Turn the power back on at the main power supply.
OVEN LIGHT REPLACEMENT
1. Unplug oven or turn off power at the main power supply.
2. Open the door.
3. Remove the vent cover mounting screws. (3 middle screws)
4. Slide the grille to the left, then pull straight out.
5. Remove the charcoal filter, if present.
6. Press and hold the center snap while lifting the tab on the left corner. Remove the cover. Remove
the bulb by turning gently.
7. Replace bulb with a 40 watt appliance bulb.
8. Replace the bulb holder.
9. Replace the grille and 3 screws. Turn the power back on at the main
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 15, 2015 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
Jan 17, 2015 | Amana AMV5206AAS Microwave Oven
Jan 12, 2015 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
Sep 03, 2013 | Amana MVH230 Microwave Oven
Oct 06, 2009 | KitchenAid KBMC140HSS Convection/Microwave...
Dec 09, 2008 | Amana ACM1580AS Microwave Oven
Dec 01, 2008 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
May 30, 2008 | Amana Microwave Ovens
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!