Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Cant get into the network center on my acer aspire 1.the connection icon on the bottom of the screen has disapeered
If this is an aspire One with linpus lite linux,
The network center disappearing is an issue with the linux update server that seems to corrupt the OS.
The solution unfortunately is to reload the OS from the recovery disk.
The aspire ONE does not come with an ODD so you will need to use the disk on a unit that has an ODD to make the recovery USB flash drive.
You will need a USB flash drive that has at least 2GB of storage, a computer with an ODD, and the linpus recovery disk that came ywith your unit.
1. Boot to the linpus disk, one of the options should be to make a recovery USB drive, make sure that no important data is on this USB drive as it WILL be formatted and erased.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and then insert the recovery flash drive in to the USB slot of the Aspire ONE.
3. Re-start the Aspire ONE and press F2 to go in to setup.
4. Change the boot order to boot from "USB HDD" and press F10 to save and exit.
5. Unit will reboot and recovery will start.
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jan 11, 2011 | Acer Aspire 3624WXMi Notebook
Apr 05, 2010 | Acer Aspire 7720 Notebook PC
Jan 19, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 11, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Dec 12, 2009 | Acer Aspire One AOA150-1570 Notebook PC
Jul 24, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
May 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Dec 26, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
933 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!