Question about Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop

1 Answer

My motheboard has overheated! I would like to get it running again but am mindfull that a new board will present its own challenegs. What component needs to be repaired?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 100 times.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 381 Answers

Hi..1st replace the capacitors 2nd check the ATX power Supply then 3rd check all diodes on board..good luck

Posted on Jun 26, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Blowing but no heat


The problem needs to be identified as it could be one of 4 problems.
The Thermal fuse needs to be checked firstly as this prevents overheating of the dryer.
If it is OK check the continuity of the heating element with an Ohm meter, check also whether there is a reading present, meaning it should not read zero Ohms.
Components that do not commonly cause this problem are the High Limit Thermostat and the Main Control Board.
If the first 2 checks are fine, check the thermostat to see whether it is "open" (Not giving a reading on an Ohm meter) if so, replace.
The main control board very seldomly causes this problem but it does not rule it out.

Mar 28, 2014 | LG DLE2532W Electric Dryer

1 Answer

Tripping GFI


proceed using the common sense. You must open the microwaves for to see what happen, the coffee produce bad contacts, and reaction from component like short, etc. However the following. God bless you
Door Switch If the microwave runs for a few seconds and then shuts off, a door switch might have failed intermittently. Check each of the door switches for any signs of overheating, arcing, or burning. Also check each of them for continuity. Replace any of the switches that is visibly damaged or that only has continuity intermittently.

Main Control Board If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops there may be a short circuit in the main control board. Check other components first, these boards are often misdiagnosed.
Touchpad and Control Panel If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad and control panel might be defective. There are several other components that can cause this problem, be sure to check any other components before replacing this board.

Touchpad If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad might be at fault. This is not common. Generally speaking, if the dishwasher display is working and some of the buttons respond correctly but some don't, the problem is with the touchpad.

High Voltage Transformer If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the high voltage transformer might have an intermittent short. This is not common. Check other components related to the microwave symptom first.

Thermoprotector If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the thermoprotector may have tripped. This is a safety device to prevent the microwave from overheating. It can be tested for continuity to see if it's blown.

Thermostat If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the thermostat might be defective. Watch our video on testing thermostats.
10_18_2012_1_16_42_pm.gif

Oct 17, 2012 | KitchenAid KCMS1555RSS Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

Ive got a d90d25eslr111-b1 micro combi,i poached an egg ani ie exploded in the micro,it blew the electic and went off,if i swith it on its ok,as soon as i shut the door it fuses the electric. why plea


see this causes and fix it. God bless you
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the thermostat might be defective. Watch our video on testing thermostats.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the thermoprotector may have tripped. This is a safety device to prevent the microwave from overheating. It can be tested for continuity to see if it's blown.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the high voltage transformer might have an intermittent short. This is not common. Check other components related to the microwave symptom first.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad might be at fault. This is not common. Generally speaking, if the dishwasher display is working and some of the buttons respond correctly but some don't, the problem is with the touchpad.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops the touchpad and control panel might be defective. There are several other components that can cause this problem, be sure to check any other components before replacing this board.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and stops there may be a short circuit in the main control board. Check other components first, these boards are often misdiagnosed.
If the microwave runs for a few seconds and then shuts off, a door switch might have failed intermittently. Check each of the door switches for any signs of overheating, arcing, or burning. Also check each of them for continuity. Replace any of the switches that is visibly damaged or that only has continuity intermittently.

Sep 27, 2012 | Morphy Richards Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Our Schneider Altiver 71 drive power board was damage. Can we repair that part?


Eh, The power board is modular in design and as such is easily replaceable. Repairing the failed component, may get it running again, but it is hard to tell whether the life of the other components have been compromised. Check you warranty coverage. In the least, if you buy a replacement, you should be able to get a warranty with it, in case issues arise again. Try to determine if the failure was due to incorrect voltage or overheating. Your unit is equiped with thermal protection. See if perhaps that protection failed and caused the damage to the power module.
Good Luck!

Jun 20, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

Abit kn9 sli overheating ??


The problem could be a failed electronic component, and no cooling remedy will solve the problem. When some components fail, they result in high heat conditions.

Aug 01, 2009 | Abit KN9-SLI Motherboard

2 Answers

Sylvania ipod..batter charging


I called the company tech line..after some discussion it was determined that I must have a defective unit and I will return it to Walgreens.
Thank you
Deb

Jan 08, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

About intel 865 motherboard


i have intel 865 motheboard but it's restart or hang after one hour & when it restart automatically getting display problem please help me

Aug 20, 2008 | Intel PENTIUM-4 865GV CHIP MOTHER BOARD...

1 Answer

Fisher paykel washing machine top loader model aw0850 fresh5


On the morning of Monday 23/6/08, I have decided to measure the effected components on the control (power) board.
The control or power board is the one that supply the DC power to the DC motor which runs the tumbler of the machine.

I could see black marks around 3 leg component which is clamped against the cooling pipe on the board.
I decided to enter the component number the one printed on it in the internet Go ogle site.
The description of the 3 leg component was TOP224Y and is a switch and inspecting it reveals its casing was blowen and one of the leg was separated.
I decided to buy a new TOP224Y and there was only TOP224YN available no more TOP224Y.
The price is $10 something.
With a solder ****** I was able to dismount TOP224Y from the control board,
and when I will receive the new TOP224YN I will replace it.
In the same time I noticed a big diode next to TOP224Y was also overheated and cracked and a small glass diode was also cracked and need replacement. The transformer next to the TOP224Y is called fly transformer I had measured it with an ohm meter, it reads very low nearly zero ohm.
I will receive the new component TOP224YN tomorrow 24/6.

Jun 21, 2008 | Fisher Paykel Eco IWL16

1 Answer

Faulty TV, no picture but sound present


Sorry can't solve the problem... yet. But I have exactly the same problem with the same TV. Sound but no pic, and a toko inverter board that has four 4511GH components that look like they have been getting too hot. I get a ticking noise from the power board when it is running, and that dissapears if I run it without the inverter board attached. Did you get anywhere with the fix? I am not an expert so don't know if it is as simple as replacing these four components althogh its the one between CN6 and CN7 that looks worst. Any help?

Thanks.

Mar 12, 2008 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Acer Aspire L100 PC Desktop Logo

Related Topics:

130 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Acer Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18391 Answers

Mohammed Ebrahim M
Mohammed Ebrahim M

Level 3 Expert

614 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1144 Answers

Are you an Acer Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...