Question about Home

1 Answer

Broken Tap I purchased Baumatic Designer Single Lever Monobloc Mixer Tap - FX170SS 2 years ago. The top part (spindle part) has broken off. Can I buy this part of the tap on its own. pls call 07984009041

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 224 Answers

Are you talking about the ball with the small stick that your handle fits to? If so, yes, you can buy this part at many hardware stores. In fact, as long as you have the whole piece of any part of faucet that has broken, you should be able to buy a replacement.

Posted on Jul 04, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I cant get handle off my hot water monobloc tap after taking screw out

I am providing the link of the installation instruction for your reference. It seems that there is a lock nut underneath to hold the faucet (figure 1, part 6).

Feb 15, 2014 | Jado 842/701/105 Hatteras Single Lever...

1 Answer

Broken thread spindle

drill a hole into the center of the broken spindle, use a tap (from a tap and die set) and get the broken bit out. Buy a new spindle and put it in.

Feb 25, 2013 | New Home Sewing Machines

1 Answer

Kodak Ektagraphic AF -2 carousal not rotating

Given the age of the projector, I suspect that the solenoid link is broken. The link joins the solenoid plunger to the cycle lever. The good news is you can still buy parts for your projector. purchased the entire projector parts inventory from Kodak a few years ago. They can also help you with instructions to install the parts, or if you prefer, hook you up with a trained service technician to perform the repair for you. Good Luck! Jim

Nov 28, 2012 | Kodak A Ektagraphic 35mm 140 Slides Rotary...

1 Answer

Our new integrated washing machine (Baumatic btwm4) sometimes doesn't spin properly and clothes are very wet. Even thought a single spin is selected, the same poor result. The machine is definitel

1) tes the belt for broken or worn replace
2)test the door switch, this cause to NOT spindle the machine , replace if necessary or readjust
3)Main control module or CCU, if the door switch test o.k, tight any wires connector well from loose, otherwise the CCU is faulty.
4) motor control module, this receive signal from CCU, tight any wires connector for loose, otherwise you must replace the board faulty.

Jul 18, 2012 | Washing Machines

1 Answer

How do you remove the hot and cold taps on a shannon monobloc mixer tap, water is dripping from the cold tap

Use 2 Adjustable Wrenches . you may need a Allen key set to Remove the Mixer unit . You can fix the Water dripping problem may be replacing a O ring

Nov 18, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

I have a Braun Kitchen Mixer KM32. I have had it for several years and like its capabilities. Now I find that the bakelite backing and speed control to the switch has dried out and has broken-up. Where can...

Braun KM32B Mixer is made in Germany long time ago.
You can buy a switch at:
for $8.99, it does not fit, but still can use it as an external switch, in a small electric box.

Sep 04, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Fitting monobloc kitchen diagram on pipe fittings

The tap should have 2 pipes about 6-10 inches long and almost the thickness of a maker pen {10mm or 15mm]
U will need either a 10-15 connection or a 15-15 connection either straight or elbowed according to routing need to main pipes [& these should also be 15mm
connections are fixed either with solder or have nuts on each end to tighten [compression] or are just push-on ["Speedfit"]
Ger back if u need more

Mar 23, 2009 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Two broken thread spindles

a quick fix it to go to the hardware store and buy very long, thin bolts and 2 nuts. one for on top of the machine and the other for underneath the top of machine. You should be able to take the top of with about 3 screws.

Mar 22, 2009 | Elna Quilter's Dream 6003Q

1 Answer

Twin Lever Kitchen Tap


Most of these spouts are held on by a base nut or a top nut. Some have a clip inside which is released from below. It is possible that a small set screw that sits behind the spout should be holding it together. It may be loose. It is also possible that something is broken off as some of these fittings are made of plastic. What to do:

B & Q maintains a customer service operation to assist you. I note that many of the company's units have warranties of 5 years on parts and 2 on labor. I suspect they are your best source of help. You need to find out if something is broken or missing from your current installation. They'll send you a diagram to assist, I suspect.

Oct 01, 2007 | KitchenAid KESC307 Electric Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

341 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

16575 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

46081 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17448 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides