Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Note: You need to use a computer hardwired to the router to check the wireless settings.
1. Please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. A window will prompt for a user name and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
Note: If it does not take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you cannot remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. Click the Wireless Settings under Advanced tab.
5. Check the box under Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable Wireless SSID Broadcast.
6. Click the Wireless Settings under Setup.
7. Change Channel (recommended are 1, 6 and 11).
8. Change the SSID to uniquely identify your network. You might have a similar SSID with your neighbor.
Note: Do not change the SSID if there are already other wireless computers that can connect to the network.
Other factors that you may consider when you are not able to view any available wireless network:
a. Switch for the wireless adapter is turned off
b. Distance between the wireless router and computer
c. Possible wireless interferences
Posted on Jun 26, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2017 | NetGear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Feb 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 10, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 01, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Jun 30, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 21, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2008 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
Dec 04, 2007 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: