Here is what you need to do is, get a toggle switch and hook one side to a ground and the other side to the parking brake wire on the unit.
use the switch as a brake because you have to set brake for a few seconds then release and set again but keep it on this time.
you will have to do this every time you start the car.
Like everyone else has said it is illegal to do it but the above are good ways to by pass it also i have heard if you insert a cd or dvd press stop twice then 26604 then enter it should also permanently by-pass it
I would not advise doing this. to my knowledge the onlything you cannot do without the parking brake ingadged is watch a dvd, and having a dvd playing on the front screen is illegal.
now i do not know for sure, because i havent tried it, but i have heard that running the parking brake safety into the ground cable will bypass it. but like i said idk if this is true or if it could cause any damage.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
at this time there isn't a code bypass for this model. the easiest thing to do so that you can play video while in motion. is to put a toggle switch on the parking brake wire of the dual screen. then do the ebrake pattern on the switch instead of the ebrake in the car
1. disconnect the parking brake wire of the dual from ur ebrake wire in your car.
2. take your 2 wire toggle switch and connect one wire to Ground(metal)
3. take the other wire and connect it to the parking brake wire of the dual screen.
if i remember correctly, the pattern for the dual screens is.
1. starting in the off position.
2. on for 2 secs
3. off for 2 secs.
4. then on .. the the video will show.
If you have the old firmware then all you need to do is ground the parking brake wire
if you have the new firmware(just bought the system) a toggle switch is involved:
1 - connect e-brake wire from dvd unit to the switch
2 - connect a ground wire from switch to the unit chassis(any good metal grounding surface will do)
3 - pop in a dvd, toggle the switch back and forth 2 or 3 times depending on what wire you placed where...and voilaa!! your dvd system should work in motion!!
I ran across of alot of lcd head units that requiers the parking brake wire connected so it will show the video, (usually just audio if parking brake not on). But if you connect that wire to a proper ground (screen always on) or a grounded switch so you can control it maually (turn it on or off when you choose)
you arent supposed to be able to play dvds while in motin if the car is in foward motion but heres a little trick most of the dvd players wil not operate unless the park brake sensor has met and that sensor is at the end of your park brake put a coin on it with a magnet on the other side and this may fool the car into thinking the park brake is engaged although it isnt however your park brake light will stay illuminated
1. AUDIO CD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert Audio CD ** Press PLAY ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 on remote ** Press ENTER ** Take out Audio CD and Insert a DVD Credit: Myself via a DUAL Tech
2. DVD METHOD (Permanent) ** Insert a DVD ** Let it play until you hear sound ** Press STOP twice on remote ** Enter 26604 ** Press ENTER Credit: Adam P.
The blue warning screen should immediately go away after pressing the last digit of "26604." Still press ENTER as a precaution.