Question about Washing Machines
This is a simple procedure. Just follow these steps:
1. Remove the center post cap or fabric softener dispenser (if equipped) from the agitator by gently prying it off.
2. Under the center post cap locate the air gap plastic cap (if equipped) and remove.
3. Remove the center bolt of the agitator. You will have either a 7/16” hex bolt or a recessed square plastic nut. If you have the square recessed type, use a 3/8” to ½” ratchet adapter to remove.
4. Remove the upper portion of the agitator (called the "auger") by lifting straght up.
5. Remove the lower portion of the agititator by grasping the lower flanges near the bottom of the wash tub and pulling straight up.
This will expose the transmission shaft and anything that may be lodged under the agitator.
Reassemble in the reverse order of the instructions I provided. NOTE: Make sure you only tighten the agitator bolt until it is snug. Do not overtighten as this can break the agitator or restrict its movement.
If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2012 | Kenmore 600 3.5 cu. ft. Top Load 110-2962...
Jun 07, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Mar 20, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Sep 11, 2009 | Kenmore 22642 Top Load Washer
Jan 20, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jan 03, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Nov 09, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 06, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jul 08, 2008 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!