- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Only advice I have is to set custom ring tones for everyone in your contact list. Then set your main tone as silent. When someone in your contact list calls it will ring with the tone you manually set for that contact. When someone not in your contacts calls it will be set to silent.
If you are using Android phone you need to make sure that the ring-tone volume is not muted. Just goto setting and sound and then increase all the volume, sometime even if the phone is not in silent mode it won't ring due to Android sound settings . You can also use the volume rocker key to increase the ring tone volume. Just in case also change the ring-tone as well in case if the ring tone file is corrupt. Now try ringing your phone from another phone and see if that works. If it still doesn't work, just turn off your phone and take the battery out for 10 seconds and put it back. Try ringing it again. If nothing works, there might be problem with your built in speakers. And you need to contact the manufacturer.
It would be better if you could tell your phone make, model and mobile operating system name and version, to help you further.
Go to your settings>sounds and make sure your ringtone is not set to silent, and then check to make sure the ringer is up to full volume. If it's only for one contact that it doesn't ring make sure that the ringtone for that contact is not set to silent.
1. Try to make sure it is not on vibrate or silent.(usually indicated by an icon of a shaking phone at the top right of the screen) It can usually be turned on and off by holding down the star button.
2. Make sure you have your volume up.
3. Change your profile. Usually there are different profiles on phones for different places, i.e outdoor, silent, vibrate, etc... It can probably be found in the settings under something like audio, ringtones, profiles, etc.
4. The phone may just be deffective. I would suggest if after trying the above it doesnt work, to contact either your phones manufacturer or your cellular service provider. They may be able to help.
If you set the profile ring tone to OFF. Then select a contacts' number and assign it a Ring Tone. When that contact calls you the Ring Tone you assigned will ring.
If you select the same Ring Tone for all your contacts in a group they will all sound the same when they call.
Or select the same ring tone for a profile, but cancel the Tone you assigned to the contact(s).