Question about Gigabyte GA-7VA Motherboard
Sometimes however that just is impossible to flash the bios from floppy. There is another option but it depends on how good you are with a soldering iron as it will require some extensive soldering. you can buy replacement chips on line at quite reasonable costs and they come pre programmed too which is an added bonus. you then have to de solder the old chip and replace the new one in its place. pnce done fire up the the pc and should work.
Posted on Jul 29, 2012
If you can use another pc and reinstall the previous bios flash it from floppy this should sort out the problem
or you can try and flash the updated one again if this fails
then you need to contact the manufacturer for a possible bios chip replacement
hope this helps !
Posted on Nov 06, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2013 | Gigabyte Motherboards
Jul 04, 2013 | Asrock Motherboards
Jul 16, 2012 | Gigabyte GA-8SIMLH Motherboard
Jul 21, 2011 | PC Chips V21G (V1.0C) Motherboard
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Apr 18, 2011 | Motherboards
Nov 09, 2010 | EliteGroup 741GX-M Motherboard
Apr 08, 2010 | Soyo AMD KT400 Dragon Ultra Black (K7VX4B)...
Feb 06, 2009 | Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 (890552602964)...
Feb 01, 2008 | HP VECTRA VLI8 P3 Motherboard (KZM6120)
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: