An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Can't see anything I type on yahoo messenger
I would make sure that you have the lastest version of JAVA Script downloaded. If the problem continues, then I would let Yahoo know of the problem. I have had the same issue before and downloaded the latest version of JAVA and it worked fine, however some friends have had problems that persisted.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to follow these few steps, & you should be okay =) 1) Go to "Run". You can click the start bar, then type "run" in the search bar, the application should pop-up right after that. 2) In the "Run" interface, type "regedit", & a window says "Registry Editor" should come out after that. 3) Okay, now pay attention because this is where we get the tricks done. In the "Registry Editor" panel, look for "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". Expand it. 4) From there (expanded HKEY_CURRENT_USER) & now on, expand all the way according to these order: --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> CurrentVersion --> Internet Settings --> Zones. 5) In "Zones", there should be consist ONLY with "0,1,2,3,4" accordingly. Anything besides those numbers, DELETE it. Close the "Registry Editor". 6) Now you can try opening your YM. & tadaaaa!... It's back to normal.
Thefirst thing to check is to make sure you have scripting enabled in InternetExplorer. Internet Explorer is integrated into Yahoo Messenger so things thatgo wrong with IE can affect Yahoo Messenger. Here is the yahoo help page aboutthat: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng...
2)In the Start Menu click on Run. Type, without the quotes, "regsvr32jscript.dll" and then click OK. Next, repeat the process but this time type inthe Run box "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and click OK. Please note, if you are usingWindows Vista temporarily disable the User Account Control (UAC). You caneasily turn it back on. On the Control Panel (Category View) choose UserAccounts and Family Safety, next choose User Accounts, and then click Turn UserAccount Control on or off.
3)If the above does not fix your problem and you are using Windows XP, you canupdate your Windows Script to version 5.7. In my experience helping others,this is the step that has helped the most people. Exit all browser windows andchat programs including Yahoo Messenger before installing. run registry cleanerreginout cleaner to easily fix it
The first thing to check is to make sure you have scripting enabled in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is integrated into Yahoo Messenger so things that go wrong with IE can affect Yahoo Messenger. Here is the yahoo help page about that: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng...
2) In the Start Menu click on Run. Type, without the quotes, "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and then click OK. Next, repeat the process but this time type in the Run box "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and click OK. Please note, if you are using Windows Vista temporarily disable the User Account Control (UAC). You can easily turn it back on. On the Control Panel (Category View) choose User Accounts and Family Safety, next choose User Accounts, and then click Turn User Account Control on or off.
3) If the above does not fix your problem and you are using Windows XP, you can update your Windows Script to version 5.7. In my experience helping others, this is the step that has helped the most people. Exit all browser windows and chat programs including Yahoo Messenger before installing. run registry cleaner reginout to easily fix it
When you delete a contact from your Messenger List, he can still see you
when you are online so he can still send you a message, because your id
is still on his Messenger list. You need to put him in your Ignore List
so he cannot send you IMs anymore.
You need to delete the name/id of the contact before blocking him....so
jot down the name/id first before you delete (because you'll need it as
we go along with the blocking process).
Do a stealth on him too so he can't see you whenever you are on "available" status.
Here's how you stealth him --
On your YM, click Actions > Send an Instant Message > Other Contact......type in his id > OK
(an IM window opens. Do not type anything....you are not IMng him)
On the IM window, click Actions > Contact Options > Stealth Settings...select "Appear Permanently offline to xxxxx".
Close IM window.
Having done that, right click the id and click "Delete".
Now, you are going to "block" or add him to your "Ignore List".
Here's how to do it..
1. Click the "Messenger" menu in Yahoo! Messenger and select "Preferences."
2. Click the "Ignore List" category.
3. Select the option labeled "Ignore only the people below."
4. Click the "Add" button.
5. Enter the Yahoo ID of the contact you want to ignore.
You need to right click on the Group Name and choose "Broadcast an IM to this group". The send message to group box wll open and you can already type the message you want for the group and click the "send" button.
If you still have no group, you can create one. Just right click inside the main Yahoo! Messenger window and choose "Create New Group". Once your group is created, you can just click-drag your friends' names on that group.