Tray 1 is the manual feed tray. I want the default tray to be Tray 2. No matter how I adjust the settings, Tray 1 is the default. I have to go to the printer and manually select Tray 2 in order for the print job to finish.
Had the same problem. We took the printer out of the print server and put it back in. This cleared the print spooler and all associated setting. Factory reset on the printer. Put back on the server and online. Back in business. Hope this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Re: CP2025 cleaning at every possible moment
Talked to HP support and fixed mine by changing Settings/Paper Handling/Tray 2 Type to "Heavy 111-130g"
All paper handling settings as follows:
Default Paper Size:
Default Paper Type:
Tray 1 Size:
Tray 1 Type:
Tray 2 Size:
Tray 2 Type:
Paper Out Handling
Specify Time and Action
Paper Out Time:
Paper Out Action:
Sounds like you have a mismatch in the paper you are trying to print on and the paper that is loaded in the printer. HP printers look to feed paper from tray 1 anytime the computer settings don't match the paper loaded in tray 2. Tray 1 is the multi purpose tray and prety much any size paper can be loaded in tray 1. Double check your document settings and double check the paper size loaded in the paper tray 2 and make sure they match. Also try printing a different document to see if the error persists. If it does this on everything you try to print you should also double check teh rear guide in the paper tray. There is a rear guide in paper tray 2. If it slides back too far it will make the printer think that paper longer than 8 1/2 x 11 is loaded. Push the paper all the way forward in the tray and push the rear guide until it is snug with the tail end of the paper stack.
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
You'll have to set up the paper settings within the copier to reflect heavy paper for the bypass tray. You'll need to make this a default setting. Then when you print out with heavy paper via the print drivers it should pick up automatically at the printer.
Please print a configuration page from the control panel of the printer
- Menu > Information menu > print configuration.
- Check for paper handling details.
Following setting should reflect.
Tray 1: Any size / Any Type
Tray 2: A4 size / Plain Type
If the above settings are not reflecting in the configuration page, please change accordingly by browsing on the control panel of the printer to:
Paper Handling Menu >
Tray 1 Size: Any
Tray 1 Type: Any
Tray 2 Size: A4
Tray 2 Type: Plain