Question about Creative Labs Zen Neeon MP3 Player
Tried adding songs to my player the other day (2GB) and although the tracks are on the player, when you disconnect from the laptop or computer the player says there are no tracks on it. I have tried resetting, have deleted the songs and added them again and still it doesn't seem to be picking up the tracks. I now have a player that won't play. Any advice???
When your GPX MW3837 is plugged into your PC, it will show up as a drive [mine shows GPX(E:)] in Windows Explorer. Click on that drive and you will be able to delete anything from the MP3 player.
Posted on Dec 02, 2007
SOURCE: Sansa e250 Not working
I've had similar problems. You should reformat the player and install latest firmware from Sansa. (See below)
(There is an option to format the player w/o installing new firmware. Copy an empty file named sansa.fmt on the 16mb drive and unplug usb. The player formats and restarts. This is an unofficial solution that solved my problems, since my Sansa got totally stuck and would not accept the procedure below.)
New firmware: download the latest firmware .exe file from Sansa site
Once you have downloaded the file, please follow these instructions.
1) Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2) Turn the player off.
3) On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see Orange.
4) On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under My Computer called 16MB FORMAT. Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5) Double click the file you downloaded earlier and run it. Follow all of the on-screen instructions, and when you get to the prompt where it asks you whether you would like to Format it, choose Yes. Once it is done, click Finish.
6) Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7) Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
good luck /Par, Stockholm, Sweden
Posted on Dec 03, 2007
SOURCE: muvo V100 2GB
Are the songs names too long. Meaning that if the filename of the song is too long then possibly mp3 player wont recognize them. Try short names instead of gunsandrosesnovemberrain.mp3
this normally happens when using limewire or another p2p music source try itunes or rapsody
Posted on Apr 29, 2008
SOURCE: Adding songs
DB is corrupted - reformatting will partially erase the native formatting of the player, so you may have to get the latest firmware upgrade to resolve the issue - restore key formatting elements.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on May 29, 2008
SOURCE: Error when loading songs
Here's what another user did - let me know if it works:
ok so i called 1-866-sandisk and she told me how to fix it. you just flip the key lock at the top so you see orange, then hold down the record button. then you should get some sort of message on the screen. then you plug it in and under my computer a file should show up. you open it and make a folder in it called sansa.fwm (i think thats the right folder name, if not, try sansa.tmp or email me). then you unplug it and it should say formatting or something like that. once its done it should work.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2010 | Sony Network Walkman NW-E005 MP3 Player
Feb 26, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Jan 30, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Jun 04, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Feb 29, 2008 | Philips GoGear HDD1830 MP3 Player
Jan 23, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Jun 02, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 1 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: