Question about Maytag PYG2300A Gas Dryer
I have a problem with Whirlpool Seseon Gas Dryer (Mod#GGW9868KQ1), It worked perfectly till last weekend, usual laundry day. I chose the cycle pressed Start, heard click, but drum tumbling didn't start, Stopped cycle, re-programmed for another one - the same result, click and the drum didn't spin. Here is the set of actions, which i performed so far:
1. Opened a toe panel and tested thermal fuse, thermistor and high limit thermostat for continuity Examined connectors, removed all the lint (wasn't a lot!).
2. Performed factory diagnostic tests (access code: more time - less time, more time - less time). No error codes, door switch looks good.
Is there anything i can do before taking dryer apart? Also, is there any educated way to access motor area without removing the drum or ripping a back part of cabinet?
Thank you fin advance for your assistance.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Q - My gas dryer will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating?
A - Things that could stop a gas dryer from heating:
- glow bar igniter, thermal fuse ( not all models ), coils on the gas valve, gas valve, thermostats,motor heat switch, timer, selector switch, sensor.
A page for checking gas dryers is here.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
if you thermal fuse is gone then the dryer will not start(you can bypass the fuse by taping the wires together and test it, then buy a new fuse as if left bypassed it will cause a fire), it is recommended to change both. Here is a picture hope it helps Tim:
Posted on Dec 24, 2010
SOURCE: Dryer was working perfectly then
check the thermal switch it is located on the top of the heat chamber in the back of the mach. you lift the top of the dryer and it will be on top in the back right there will be to the thermal swith and the high limit thermostat they have to be replace as a set
Posted on Jan 07, 2011
SOURCE: Maytag Performa dryer blows fuse
their are two possiblities causing that
1) while cleaning the lint from the motor a wire accidently got pulled of of the motor switch
2) to me the buzzing when start button is pushed and may or may not start,the motor is bad
When trying the trick to start the motor by hand the door switch also must be pressed in
Posted on Aug 05, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks for the resonse Gene! "
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 31, 2012 | Whirlpool Dryers
Nov 27, 2011 | Dryers
Jun 29, 2011 | Whirlpool Dryers
Mar 02, 2018 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jun 12, 2011 | GE Dryers
May 24, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Oct 17, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Mar 07, 2009 | Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
May 30, 2008 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jul 02, 2017 | Maytag PYG2300A Gas Dryer
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: