I just got my unlocked sidekick 2 yesterday, and it was working until i put the sim card in, then the ''waiting for activation'' thing showed up and it's been like that for a whole day and i can't use anything on the phone except stare at the screen and wait. why is it taking so long and what can i do to solve the problem? help please ):
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
what u do is press menu, settings, then go to sim center, press unlock sim card, once youve done that go back to the main menu and settings, and go to network options, click scan and select manually, its gonna load for about 1-2 minutes, then a screen should come up saying at&t microcell or just at&t click set, and ur done, once youve click select wait a minute or 2 while it loads, hope this helps
It is waiting for the Sidekick feature activation, which AT&T doesn't have. You can try having them add a data feature, but I doubt it will work. Sidekick was specifically made for T-Mobile and not meant to be used with any other provider.
I found this guide online. Please let me know if this works!
"1) Insert the ATT SIM card into the back of the T-Mobile Sidekick ID (it should be located behind the battery).
2) Turn on the Sidekick ID, wait for the screens to load.
3) When the screen says "Waiting for Activation", hold the top left button (the "Menu" button with the three lines) on the Sidekick ID and hold the letter "L" on the QWERTY pad at the same time. After a few seconds, let go of the buttons.
4) If Step 3 is done correctly, the Sidekick should be directed to the jumpscreen and display all of the Menu's of the Sidekick ID.
my service provider said that is because it is waiting to be linked to the internet... in order to use it as a phone until then.... press and hold down L and the menu button for three seconds...and it will unlock the phone aspect but you still have to wait the time period for internet use...