Question about Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
I recently obtained a Dell Dimension 4700 Desktop from my parents company and decided to zero write the hard drive to get rid of all the business stuff (I do this with my laptop all the time). When I inserted the Windows XP disk to reinstall it, the computer fails to boot from either CD/DVD drive and says they can't be found. I have played with the BIOS with no such luck and have even tried two other XP discs. Any suggestions or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated!!!
I have big problem with my Dell Dimension 4700 Series PC. I completely formated and reinstalled XP Window on C (maximum MB) and D. I followed all steps for installation...
1. I insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive
2. I pressed <Enter> to set up Windows XP.
3. I pressed <F8> to accept the terms and conditions specified in the license agreement.
4. I Highlighted the largest partition C only and press <Enter> using the NTFS file system (Quick).
5. After the computer restarts, Setup continues with a graphical user interface (GUI) in the classic Windows theme.
6. Finally it says Installation finished and welcomed.
Here is the problem after installation
1. I tried to OPEN 'D' partition hard disk but it says it is not formated.
2. No Networking Settings screen appears during installation. I couldnt able to connect to internet with router.
Please help me what to do.
Thanks for your time and cooperation.
Posted on Jul 16, 2010
It looks as though when deleting the OS you might have gotten jacked and the rom drivers were lost.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2013 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Mar 03, 2012 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
May 20, 2010 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Dec 15, 2009 | Dell Ethernet Card Network Adapter
Jul 04, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Dec 12, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Jul 01, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Apr 11, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Jan 10, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Nov 28, 2011 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
860 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!