Question about HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
I was aked to follow these folling steps to disable the"print the event log"option "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlPrintProviders". Add "Eventlog" and set the value "Reg_DWORD" at "0".
but the problem is that I couldn't set "Reg_DWORD" by default it is written as "event log" even then I changed the value to "0" but still the problem hasn't been rectified :-( its still the same:(
If I understand what you are needing to do is to Disable Print Job Notification in Event Viewer for Windows Vista Home Premium
When you are in the registry editor
"System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers]
you should have seen and entry, right ?
name type Data
eventlog Reg_DWORD 0x00000000 (0)
To change the DATA value, double click on the NAME Eventlog
A small window will open that says "edit DWORD value"
Value Name: event log
leave this the same, it is not changeable
Change this data to 0
You can go back into the registry to confirm this value was changed, then turn off your computer and turn it back on again.
This should work for you.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Services.
2. Select the Event Log service and click Start up. Change the Start up Type to Disabled, and then click OK. If you are unable to log on to the computer but can access the registry remotely, you can change the Start up value in the following registry key to 0x4:
3. Restart Windows.
NOTE: When the system starts up, several services may fail; a message informing the user to use Event Viewer to review errors may appear.
4. Rename or move the corrupt *.evt file from the following location:
5. In Control Panel Services tool, re-enable the Event Log service by setting it back to the default of Automatic start up, or change the registry Start up value back to 0x2.
FAT partition (Alternative method)
1. Boot to a MS-DOS prompt using a DOS bootable disk.
2. Rename or move the corrupt *.evt file from the following location:
3. Remove the disk and restart Windows.
When Windows is restarted, the Event Log file will be recreated.
hope this helps
Jul 03, 2012 | Computers & Internet
on Apr 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 24, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 14, 2009 | Cosmi Print Perfect Platinum
on Mar 24, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Nov 14, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Sep 02, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 4500 Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jun 24, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: