Question about Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
Power is well connected. Product: (Vizio GV47 LF HDTV 10A)
Here's the TV's behavior:
1. It only turns on around once or twice a day, depending on how long the TV stays on.
2. Whenever it turns on, there is one "click" sound, and the orange Vizio logo turns white. When it doesn't turn on, there are TWO "click" sounds, but orange Vizio logo still remains as white Vizio log.
3. If the TV is not turned on for a complete one to two days, it will turn on the first time you try it.
4. When TV does not turn on in the first try, I turn it back off (to orange Vizio logo), wait arond 10-20 seconds, and try it again. It will turn on subject to the condition of #1 above.
Is it the power inverter? Mainboard? How hard is it to change those manually? Thanks!
Stored voltages are high no touching these circuts becuase they hold charges and alot of screws.
fualty capacitors you say after a while it stays on theres a full charge in the unit theres some type of discharging effect on the set after its off for a while. voltage goes to low or unstable after it is off for a while. your better off getting the service docs for this set if you want to diy..other wise get a tv tech to check it for you. hope this helps
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Replace the power supply board www.shopjimmy.com!
Posted on Feb 08, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2013 | Vizio 32" l32 hdtv 10a high definition...
Nov 22, 2011 | Vizio E550VL 55 in. LCD HDTV
You have several options for connecting your DVD player to your GV42L FHDTV10A - HDMI,
Component, S-Video and Composite (AV) inputs. Based on your home theater configuration, you can
decide which option is the right one for you.
connected to the HDMI input of the VIZIO GV42L FHDTV10A for optimal results.
To maintain the display quality, use a VIZIO certified HDMI cable available up to 10 meters or less.
1. Turn off the power to the LCD HDTV and DVD player.
2. Connect a HDMI cable to the HDMI output of your DVD player and the other end to the HDMI
Input (white color area) at the rear of the LCD HDTV.
3. Turn on the power to the LCD HDTV and your DVD player.
4. Select HDMI using the INPUT button on the remote or side of the LCD HDTV, or directly by
pressing the HDMI button on the Remote Control.
a) If you are already using the HDMI 1 input for another component, or you do not want to use
the HDMI 1 input for the DVD player, you can connect the DVD player to the HDMI 2
b) Refer to your DVD player user manual for more information about the video output
requirements of the product.
Apr 24, 2011 | Vizio 42 in. LCD TV
Aug 13, 2010 | Vizio GV47LF Television
Jan 04, 2010 | Vizio VW32L 32 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 30, 2009 | Vizio VP322 32 in. Plasma TV
Sep 13, 2009 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
May 29, 2009 | Vizio GV47LF Television
1,299 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: