Question about Motorola Mobility MOTORIZR Cellular Phone
My software update didn't work properly and it messed up my text messages.
I solved this problem by downloading the Motorola Software Update (MSU) from Motorola's website at hellomoto.com/support/update
1. Select your country/Region
2. Select carrier
3. Select Phone model
4. Click Orange arrow to the right of the model type
5. Select purchase month and year (If out of warranty select month and date within one year of today's date or it won't work) Then click Check Warranty Status
6. Follow "Click here" link to previous page
7. Select box right above Download Update link
8. Click Download update link
9. Follow directions for Download
From there you will have Motorola Software Update on your computer.
With your phone turned off, hold ^ # and the red power key at the same time until it prompts you to connect to your computer using USB cord.
Let the computer do it's thing and you're good to go!
To Update Software information using your phone and avoiding this computer process:
1. Main Menu
3. Phone Status
4. Software Update
5. Click on whatever Update may be available for your phone.
HINT: You cannot use your phone for incoming or outgoing calls during this Update. Update times can vary from ten up to thrity minutes. (mine was only about fifteen minutes total using the PC method using the USB data cable).
Posted on Aug 06, 2008
I had a problem like this and i called tech support, they told me to turn the phone off & then back on... it worked. maybe you should tell your sister to try that too
Posted on May 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Samsung SGH Cell Phones
Feb 23, 2010 | Palm Pre Cell Phone
May 23, 2009 | Samsung SGH-t209 Cellular Phone
May 21, 2009 | Nokia N73 Cellular Phone
Mar 28, 2009 | LG KC910 Renoir Cell Phone
Nov 13, 2008 | LG CU400 Cellular Phone
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!