You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds) - Slide the hold switch into "hold" position. - Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can try to reset the device by pressing the power button for about 15 to 20 seconds..if that doesnt work I would recommend you to go to the sandisk site to update the firmware on your device or you can contact sandisk to they can help you with updating the firmware on your device..Please follow the link below to get the firmware http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1376
The number for sandisk is 1-866-726-3475 Please rate accordingly Thank you Computerrep
Try to reset it- hold down the power button for about twenty seconds.
The tool you can download at the above link will supposedly reset the machine to its factory condition; note that any data on the device will be lost.
It seems like your player decided to throw a hissy fit by deciding to experience internal system errors. Best that you reset the firmware. Here's how:
Switch your Sansa E250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your E250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
Enjoy using your Sansa E250, just like I do. (I love this player)
To Reboot your sansa e250 without removing batteries . Switch to hold position ( right beside headphone jack ) Press and hold menu and rec buttons at the same time untill screen resets. On my player lock up usually happens when it hits a corrupt song - try to delete and reload the culprit to minimize future lock ups. Hope this helps someone out there.