Question about Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just got off the phone with garmin tech. She helped me solve the problem. Here are the steps.
1. Go to http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00466-00
2. Download "Forerunner 205 Ver. 2.80 as of Nov 12, 2007", unzip it, and browse to the folder you unzip the files to.
3. Make sure your Forerunner is connected to your computer and turn it on. Drag file "048401000280.rgn" and drop it on "Updater.exe". A screen will pop up, select "USB" then click OK. Then wait till the process completes.
4. Go to the website on Step 1 and download "Training Center For Windows Ver. 3.3.4 as of Feb 29, 2008". Install it.
5. Run Training Center. At this point, I am able to send/receive data to my Forerunner.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Apr 02, 2008
Hi - look at this solution for a forerunner 201, which has the same case design. I was just looking myself! R_nz Rank: Apprentice Rating: 96%, 8 votes I've made some progress here, I discovered that there is a small notch beneath the flat black pastic insert that holds the rubber button cover in. By gently prising this out, I can at least expose the pcb with the buttons on. I still can't figure out how to open the case though ****! Comments: Jan 29, 2008 - Well, I got there in the end! As above, I managed to prise the plastic insert cover off the rubber button cover, the peeeled this off as well. Underneath is a mylar printed circuit with the silver domeos of the buttons moulded in. This is siliconed down, but you can peel it up with a fingernail. The top left end (above the on button) is aatached inside the case, so start at the other end. Jan 29, 2008 - .ctd.. Once you have lifted the mylar strip, you can get at the case seam underneath and prise it gently open with a flat blade. The case is glued together with a light silicon or something. My problem was unresponsive buttons and by detaching and then re-attaching the small connector by the big silver block where the mylar attaches to the main board and then re-attaching it, it seemed to fix it! :-) Oct 22, 2008 - As an end-note; I glued my 201 back together with a light Silicone sealer. It seems to be at least rain proof anyway. Forerunner 201 battery replacement (Expert level): Opening the 201 was not easy and could not be done 100% clean, but thanks to R_nz (above) I got it open. My problem was dead (almost) battery, after 6 years of superb operation. I found the battery to be glued (double sided tape) to the back cover. To remove, push it up slowely and pull out. Beware of the short wires. 1. It is a flat battery, wrapped in shrinkable tube. Made by MDTechnology, P/N 043048 3.7V, 500mAh see http://www.mydbattery.com/EN/products.asp?ID=12 2. On the cover, the battery is soldered to the underside of a small PCB, hard to get to (by expert!). If you find a battery, suggest to cut the wires and solder wire-to-wire. Hope that helps
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
To change this setting go to the menu on the Forerunner by pressing the Mode button then follow the steps below:
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
First, here's the link for the owners manual for your Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver:
The only battery replacement instructions are on page 65 of the owners manual:
Posted on Feb 07, 2010
Hey everyone. Just called Garmin and got it fixed. Sometimes the forerunner goes into power saver mode and needs to be reset
1. Hook up the usb cable and docking station to the computer.
2. Next, hook up your forerunner to the Docking station - It should pop up saying battery charging in progress
3. Leave it all hooked up and Hold the Mode and Lap/Reset Button together for 15 seconds - screen should go blank.
4. Let both go - should pop back up saying battery charging in progress.
5. Let Charge 20 minutes and it should be good to go.
Hope this helps!!!
Posted on Dec 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 29, 2012 | Garmin Forerunner 205
Jan 04, 2011 | Garmin Forerunner 205 Gps Training Watch
Sep 26, 2010 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Jul 30, 2010 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Feb 07, 2010 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Sep 03, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 205 Gps Running Watch
Jun 12, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 205 Gps Training Watch
Feb 20, 2009 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Oct 27, 2007 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Oct 30, 2013 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
Aug 12, 2012 | Garmin Forerunner 205 GPS Receiver
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: