- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Check that your webcam is switched on and plugged into your computer
2. A webcam can only be used by one application at a time, so make sure you don't have any other applications open that are accessing the webcam, e.g. other instant messaging applications or even some websites.
3. Problems with video are often caused by driver issues. A driver is the program you install with the webcam which makes the webcam work with your computer (some webcams use preinstalled drivers so you may not have had to install one). Make sure you have the latest driver installed. You can download and install the most recent drivers from the webcam manufacturer's website.
To test your webcam go to the Skype menu > Preferences > Video and tick the box Enable Skype Video. When Skype is able to use your webcam, you will see a video preview of yourself.
Welcome to Fixya. This is a known issue with the latest version of Skype. The latest version of Skype won't run on Mac pc so you need to download the older version of skype. Please uninstall the Skype program on on you Mac and download the older version on the link below.
You cannot open the application Skype because it is not supported on this architecture is an error caused by Skype and not by the webcam.
Go to Tools > Options > Privacy and click on the link "Manage other programs' access to Skype". Select "Communications_Helper.exe" from the list and click "Change". There from the 3 available options select the last one (Do not allow this program to use Skype) and click "Ok".
Your camera is already online. Double click the camera icon in the lower right task bar and it will work. That is the problem, the program is trying to run twice. Again, the camera is online and working and the access to it is in the task bar at the bottom. You, of course, can change these setting if you like.
See section A. Skype in the info below to setup the Audio & Video. Also send this to your family
and friends so they have there computer setup properly. Web Camera’s have to be
setup on the program they are to be used with.Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to
broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for
the Audio and Video to function properly.
Go to Tools,
then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone
and Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
click on the Video Settings.
camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly.Your friends and Family will now be able to
see and her to you. B.Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger(http://www.soft32.com/download_30.html
) set it up as follows:
Messenger at the top left and click on it.
go down to Preferences and click on it.
Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to
the computer Audio Card.
go to the Test Audio section and(in blue writing) click on“Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the