I have a Windows XP Vostro 1500. The laptop will not start. Before this happened, a series of annoying Blue Screens of Death occurred last week. After that, my laptop just shut down. Then after a day, it began working. After that, it broke again. It will not work. In other words, when I boot my Vostro 1500, a light goes on and then it justs goes out signaling that the laptop is not on. What's the problem and how do I fix this?
(The fn key solution did not work, neither did the ''No AC Adaptor & Battery Boot Up'' work)
I think that you would have a hardrive issue find out if your laptop uses an ata drive or an sata drive and i would look into getting a new one. if you have any further questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
- Start your old window in safe mode And follow these steps
- Return BIOS settings to their default levels. An overclocked or misconfigured BIOS can cause all sorts of random issues, including BSODs. - Update drivers for your hardware.just go to site of your laptop manufacturer Once there enter the model number OR service tag of the laptop then request driver (usually found in the web site's "Support Section"). There you should be able to find all the drivers for your model laptop Most Blue Screens of Death are hardware or driver related so updated drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
If problem still exists, then I will suggest you to get Intel software partner reliable program Reginout to fix your annoying blue screen problem.
No guarantee but you can try this. Remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter. Hold down power button for 30 seconds. Plug in AC adapter but leave battery out. Try to restart computer. If it starts, reinstall battery. It worked on a Gateway I was working on last week. Worth a try.
Dell Dell™ Vostro™ 1500 XP Windows Driver Recovery CD Restore DiskThis is an automated Dell™ Vostro™ 1500 XP drivers recovery cd. The Dell™ Vostro™ 1500 drivers are supplied in a special windows friendly format. This means that your Dell Dell™ Vostro™ 1500 XP Laptop will automatically find and install all the drivers for your system, with hardly any user intera ..... dell vostro 1500 eeprom short ...
Reset/replace the Ram/memory. Sometimes faulty and failing ram can keep a computer from booting up. If you have 2 sticks, take one out and then try to boot, then try with just the other stick. The flashing caps lock icon means a general failure, though it is most commonly associated with the motherboard.
For using xp you must have the correct drivers. These should be available for download from the Dell support website. You may also find updating windows xp will help you may be using service pack one, so make sure all updates are done.
If you have to load drivers you should load the chipset first followed by the graphics then the sound. Check on your hardware list under system in control panel that there are no conflicts.
I hope this is helpful please rate the assistance given.